Keyword

User image (avatar)

More
14 years 5 months ago #81792 by zeoz
User image (avatar) was created by zeoz
im having a strange error to User image avatarif a user upload an image named avatar.jpg and then an other user upload an avatar with the same name avatar.jpg then the second avatar replace the avatar of the first user and both users share the second avatar...does anyone know if this is a error from my side or is it a bug ?any ideas what to check and/or a fix?thanx in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #81793 by Simon Olsen
Replied by Simon Olsen on topic User image (avatar)
I'm having this problem too.

More
14 years 2 months ago #81794 by william white
Replied by william white on topic User image (avatar)
Your correct.
I duplicated this in my local machine
If you create 2 users with the different names but the same filename for avitar they will take on the same image which is the second image or the last one uploaded
Firebug locates the file in my system as http://localhost/k2test/media/k2/users/joomla1.png
for both users
Also, when you log out and log directly back in, you get the same info displayed - this must be a chache issue since if you go to home and back to my page after loggin in the second user the information will change.
I think a redirect should be issued on logging in to direct you back to the home page to avoid the cache issue, and
I also think that the issue of filenames is an unintended use:) {nice term for bug}
Code in the core could be added to rename whatever file a user uploads to avoid this.
btw i was using svn 2.3

More
14 years 2 months ago #81795 by Simon Olsen
Replied by Simon Olsen on topic User image (avatar)
I find that when I go into the Back End of Joomla! K2 Users, I tick the box to delete the photo, then hit Save (not Apply) and then go into the User again and upload a new photo and hit Save again, it correctly deletes the photo. It may still display the cached old photo if you go back into the user, but the Front End of the website has the new photo.

More
14 years 2 months ago #81796 by zeoz
Replied by zeoz on topic User image (avatar)
any fix for that ?

More
14 years 2 months ago #81797 by Zack Esgar
Replied by Zack Esgar on topic User image (avatar)
you need to set up a userid specific file naming system within the user controller php file

More
14 years 2 months ago #81798 by zeoz
is there any way so the image if exist ,rename or smth?
thanx

More
14 years 2 months ago #81799 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic User image (avatar)
This should now be fixed within the latest svn releases, please see community.getk2.org/forum/topics/user-avitar-issues?xg_source=activity

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 2 months ago #81800 by zeoz
awsome !! thanx

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:This should now be fixed within the latest svn releases, please see community.getk2.org/forum/topics/user-avitar-issues?xg_sourc...
Simon
K2 Support