Keyword

Tip: one category/two different layouts

More
14 years 5 months ago #81803 by Dylan
If you want an additional view of one and the same category.Let's say I have a category 'cars' and a view file named showcase. Now I'd like to have an extra menu item with a different view, let's call that listview.If you just have the one category cars you would set the view when creating/editing the category in K2. When you create a menu item to it and just select the category 'cars', it will take the view 'showcase' or whatever the one single view is you defined when creating/editing the category. You will notice that the dropdowns and parameters will be disabled once you select the category (still in menu manager)To have two menu items linking to different views of the same category, simply create an EMPTY category. Now when creating the second menu item, select the category 'cars' AND the category 'empty'.... And now the dropdown to define the used view/sub-template is enabled! Hooray.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81804 by scyllar
Replied by scyllar on topic Tip: one category/two different layouts
interesting
but why?

More
14 years 5 months ago #81805 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Tip: one category/two different layouts
But why?

Well, a customer might request a 'frontpage' with larger pics and more intro-text, items categorized with latest items on top... and he might also want a different 'frontpage' where everything is listed a-z without pics and little or no intro-text.

More
13 years 8 months ago #81806 by Casper Voogt
Replied by Casper Voogt on topic Tip: one category/two different layouts
Wow, thanks. I was struggling with this. Seems like a bit of a bug to me to have to do it this way .. but glad it's possoble!