Keyword

native joomla 'read more' link

More
14 years 5 months ago #81850 by nic
native joomla 'read more' link was created by nic
hi, i'm quite new to k2, and i think it's great, complex, but great...now i have an issue: the read more link (joomla native) is not available when i try to put it into a k2 article: tryed to use the option 'show intro text' and limit to x letters in cathegory listing, but what happens is missing html format.is there any way to use the native read more link?many thanks, nic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81851 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic native joomla 'read more' link
Take a look at the guides over on K2Joom.com, there are discussions relating to how to use K2 intro text, read more, page breaks that may help you.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 5 months ago #81852 by nic
Replied by nic on topic native joomla 'read more' link
hi simon, many thanks for the advice.
I read the discussions, but cannot get out.. i posted the question there too.

the real matter is the html format loosing when using the K2 limit words in introtext.. cannot get out of this...

K2Joom said:Take a look at the guides over on K2Joom.com, there are discussions relating to how to use K2 intro text, read more, page breaks that may help you.
Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende
  • Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende's Avatar
More
14 years 5 months ago #81853 by Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende
Replied by Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende on topic native joomla 'read more' link
It´s a pitty...
I thought that K2 was a great component but now, I´m thinking if it really is...
I searched at k2joom.com forum for readmore, intro text and all of related words but I cannot find any help about a simple thing: insert a readmore link to break my text at blog category layout WITHOUT the needed for configurate all categories.
I only get it working inserting system-readmore command line at the HTML code...
Wouldn´t be easier to make core readmore plugin working??

nic said:hi simon, many thanks for the advice. I read the discussions, but cannot get out.. i posted the question there too.

the real matter is the html format loosing when using the K2 limit words in introtext.. cannot get out of this...

K2Joom said:Take a look at the guides over on K2Joom.com, there are discussions relating to how to use K2 intro text, read more, page breaks that may help you. Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #81854 by Barry Deez
Replied by Barry Deez on topic native joomla 'read more' link
No there isnt?

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Take a look at the guides over on K2Joom.com, there are discussions relating to how to use K2 intro text, read more, page breaks that may help you.
Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende
  • Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende's Avatar
More
14 years 2 months ago #81855 by Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende
Replied by Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende on topic native joomla 'read more' link
Simon,
what we can tell, this is a question of several people.
as moderator of this forum, would be nice if instead of asking us to seek all the posts, why not give yourself the path to the post that deals with exactly that?
I think it would be better for the whole community, no?
I have some K2 sites that are updated by my clients, then it is quite difficult to explain certain things to them.

thanks
Ana

Ana Cristina O. Leme de Rezende said:It´s a pitty... I thought that K2 was a great component but now, I´m thinking if it really is... I searched at k2joom.com forum for readmore, intro text and all of related words but I cannot find any help about a simple thing: insert a readmore link to break my text at blog category layout WITHOUT the needed for configurate all categories. I only get it working inserting system-readmore command line at the HTML code... Wouldn´t be easier to make core readmore plugin working??

nic said:hi simon, many thanks for the advice. I read the discussions, but cannot get out.. i posted the question there too. the real matter is the html format loosing when using the K2 limit words in introtext.. cannot get out of this... K2Joom said:Take a look at the guides over on K2Joom.com, there are discussions relating to how to use K2 intro text, read more, page breaks that may help you. Regards, Simon K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #81856 by william white
Replied by william white on topic native joomla 'read more' link
Using 1.5.18 joomla and k2 2.3 svn with tinymce editor
see that attached jpg
The default readmore link was inserted after chapter 1
the Item View Options in Category Listing word limit was set to 50
The readmore seems to show in the category layout with the Word limit and when clicking it you see the entire article
I get the same results when using jce

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81857 by kire timov
Replied by kire timov on topic native joomla 'read more' link
awuuuff.. well tbh i don't know how this component won at the 2010 joomla contest for best extension (if its correct what iv heared).. but this major flaw is actually so small but it makes it very essential) ... one very small time consuming update will solve the problem to 1000000 of people!.. your extension is free, thats very kind of you. But don't be arrogant just because it is free. You actually get money from K2.. not directly but advertising your other products.. SO PLEASE help the people... make that update if you are not willing to help every one and there on the forums.

note: i am saying this because people who use joomla are not css/php experts, i mean mostly of them are not and they CANT help themselves. They will actually post here and gonna beg to get an answer...

i don't know... i should be thanking for such a good extension to joomla really .. but this is making me drive crazy- it is so small flaw but so IMPORTANT!!!

i am sorry if i offended you somehow

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81858 by kire timov
and this link should help you i think..

kire timov said:awuuuff.. well tbh i don't know how this component won at the 2010 joomla contest for best extension (if its correct what iv heared).. but this major flaw is actually so small but it makes it very essential) ... one very small time consuming update will solve the problem to 1000000 of people!.. your extension is free, thats very kind of you. But don't be arrogant just because it is free. You actually get money from K2.. not directly but advertising your other products.. SO PLEASE help the people... make that update if you are not willing to help every one and there on the forums.
note: i am saying this because people who use joomla are not css/php experts, i mean mostly of them are not and they CANT help themselves. They will actually post here and gonna beg to get an answer...

i don't know... i should be thanking for such a good extension to joomla really .. but this is making me drive crazy- it is so small flaw but so IMPORTANT!!!

i am sorry if i offended you somehow

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81859 by kire timov
damn i was very much sleepy yesterday.. heres the link community.getk2.org/forum/topics/introtext-word-limit?xg_source=activity&id=3536014%3ATopic%3A45235&page=2#comments

it's Reply by Christian Matthieas on August 21, 2010 at 6:49am