Keyword

CSV explanation

• Paul MacLennan
  • Paul MacLennan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #81864 by Paul MacLennan
CSV explanation was created by Paul MacLennan
Heya all,Is there a hero among us that could kindly explain how the CSV function works?  I'm really curious to find out is it possible to import a CSV into K2's extra fields.Cheers,Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #81865 by d3vlabs
Replied by d3vlabs on topic CSV explanation
interested in this well. where is the hero when you need one?

• Paul MacLennan
  • Paul MacLennan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #81866 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic CSV explanation
Just out of curiosity Demian, What's the need for your CSV use? I'm just wondering if it's the same as me. My intendend purpose is to use a CSV to upload certain information for a product feed given by an affiliate network. I'm assuming that this particular CSV feature built into K2 doesn't do that kind of thing as there's a extra component to import CSV's the way I described (although it's lacking a few things at the moment.) To find what I mean search for K2 import on this forum.

More
14 years 3 months ago #81867 by d3vlabs
The need is to have an inventory of available parts (about 7 different columns). its currently in xls, but there should be no problem converting it to csv. importing via phpmyadmin is not the best option since this inventory will be update weekly.

i find that you and I both made assumption that CSV feature built in doesnt do what we need. Maybe something like that already exists in latest builds. Im install it asap and see firsthand.

Im not settled on CCK as of yet (there has been some promising reviews of sobi2,flexicontent and jseblod), what im hoping for is something that will let me upload csv files, A-Z module, advanced search and sorting by columns.

More
13 years 11 months ago #81868 by d3vlabs
i went with easy table pro (easy table free also exists , its nothing to mess with) and joomla articles.

easy table can be found at jed.

maybe in the future theyl implement k2 support. its probably possible to import joomla articles with such tables into k2.