Keyword

Getting blank page when i try to create new category

More
14 years 5 months ago #81896 by srini
I am pretty new to joomla, recently i have installed K2 component v2.2  when i try to create a category all i get is a blank page , i set the Error reporting to Maximum, the error i got is <b>Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Apache2.2\htdocs\joomla\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 49</b> Can any body please bail me out of this ...With RegardsSrini..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pixel Point Creative LLC
More
14 years 3 months ago #81897 by Pixel Point Creative LLC
Replied by Pixel Point Creative LLC on topic Getting blank page when i try to create new category
I am also having this issue. Same error as well. Any solution?

More
14 years 3 months ago #81898 by P R Vlieger
Same problem here, as I reported ealier in anohter post.
Hope there will be a solution as soon as possible because this problems stops all other activities on the sites I want to develope...

• Pixel Point Creative LLC
More
14 years 3 months ago #81899 by Pixel Point Creative LLC
Replied by Pixel Point Creative LLC on topic Getting blank page when i try to create new category
I have determined is must be a server issue. Still don't know what the issue is exactly, but I have 3 different hosts. I tried setting up an account on Dollar2Host server and encountered this problem. Set up an account on Eleven 2 server and didn't have any issues at all. Everything works well.

More
14 years 3 months ago #81900 by P R Vlieger
When you look for this issue in the forum then this is the reason:

"You have to enable the Multibyte String extension on your PHP server."
Have a look here:
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/error-after-install

But in my case, this is enabled on the server...

More
14 years 3 months ago #81901 by P R Vlieger
I reply, Multibyte Support is enabled on the server, so this is not causing the issue.
Are there any other suggestions?

More
13 years 7 months ago #81902 by Andrew Todd
Hello,

I am having trouble with creating a category in K2 as well. After I enter all the info for the category and hit save, it takes me to a blank page. I changed the error reporting to max in Joomla and downloaded an error_log file. Multibyte is supported and enabled on our server. Here are the errors that I see:

[23-Feb-2011 06:05:30] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/apc.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0[23-Feb-2011 10:30:09] PHP Fatal error:  <br>The encoded file <b>/home/uloft/public_html/components/com_resource/models/list.php</b> requires a license file.<br>The license file <b>/home/uloft/public_html/components/com_resource/license.txt</b> is not valid for this server. in Unknown on line 0

There are quite a few of the first one. I have never seen any error messages that say anything about K2. Is there another error log somewhere that I don't know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

More
13 years 7 months ago #81903 by Andrew Todd
I think I figured it out. I read on this forum here that you can add a line to your htaccess file. I added "php_value memory_limit 32M" to the bottom of the file and now I can add categories and start using K2! I hope this helps anyone who has the same problems as I did.