Keyword

K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members

• Simon Wells
  • Simon Wells's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #81912 by Simon Wells
K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members was created by Simon Wells
K2Joom is looking for an advanced login module, preferably one that extends the existing K2 Login.This is so that users can register on a site as a "free" user but with limited Category access, restricted through the backend as a default user group, but still have use of the K2 login features.Or users can register as a "Subscriber" which would allow access to all or selectable categories following a payment through a gateway such as Paypal.Looking to find someone to develop this module for release to the K2 community.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81913 by AdrianK
Replied by AdrianK on topic K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members
I think it isn't the use of K2 to sell content, you only have to grab a component for article selling and change the fields from the content component to K2 content. And there is at least one component for selling K2 content.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #81914 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members
We are only looking to supply following the requests of existing Joomla owners wishing to migrate to K2.

If a site operator has a business model which enables them to sell paid membership for access to premium content such as manuals, software and other products, then why should K2 not be used?

More
14 years 5 months ago #81915 by AdrianK
You have to take a look on extensions.joomla.org, the search is worse, so click yourself and spend some time and you will find a component for your purpose.

• Simon Wells
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #81916 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members
Thats good too, but we are trying to provide some experience to K2 devs to try and develop something or even some existing Joomla users may already use something that can be improved.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81917 by AdrianK
hmm, a good restriction system as acl is only integration of joomla1.6, maybe the outhers solution of content restriction have no real future. or you need an acl plugin and component and use the roles in k2.

More
13 years 6 months ago #81918 by Jerry Schrader
Replied by Jerry Schrader on topic K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members
I like the idea. I know that even though I am a developer, when I work with Joomla, it is easy for me to get lazy and depend on those who are already creating components (K2), so exercises like these will help me to keep my chops in shape. I don't know if I have the time, but I am going to give it a shot.

More
13 years 6 months ago #81919 by Helen Edwards
Replied by Helen Edwards on topic K2 Advanced Login for Paid Members
community ACL can do this it is the best ACL that I have tried.  Easy to configure but also has the option to be more intricate with your menu, links, modules, components, groups access.  With a html template override file provided you can have a drop down box that gi ves registered user, subscriber or what ever you want.

Also works well with Jom social.   I have then chosen AEC for subscriptions as I have memberships a book store and then payments with events so required a system with lots of choices.   I love joomla and the joomla community.   I am not a developer but with joomla and the support I have recdeived I have been able to build a site that I was quoted $35,000 to have built to replace my current phpnuke nightmare.   Instead of $35,000 it has cost me $1500 as I prefer paid for components and plug ins.

I have had some problems with se furl/mod rewrite after adding jomsocial. I cannot save an item, nor edit an item. It doesnt save. I am getting some help with this from theme developer and jomsocial but if anyone has heard of this before with k2 and jomsocial, let me know.