Keyword

K2 News Ticker - News scroller for K2

• Ramesh Elamathi
  • Ramesh Elamathi's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #82095 by Ramesh Elamathi
Replied by Ramesh Elamathi on topic K2 News Ticker - News scroller for K2
Hi

what is the version of PHP you are using.

GreenDome said:Thanks for the reply Ramesh.
I seem to be getting the following error on the front-end:
Notice: Undefined variable: slidelist in /var/www/........./modules/mod_k2newsticker/tmpl/default.php on line 40

and:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$image in /var/www/......./modules/mod_k2newsticker/tmpl/default.php on line 93 - If the K2 item does have an image.

Also any chance of making the item title and image as links to full item when clicked?

Many Thank,
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi it works for all K2 categories and items. you can use it K2 CCK without any issues. Just adjust the width and height, to get it right...
Integration with K2Store is only in the planning.

thanks

GreenDome said:Hi, Does this plugin only work with K2Store or can it be used to pick up items other K2 categories? I'm planning to it to display latest news from a k2 category. Thanks in advance
GD

Lead developer at www.j2store.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #82096 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic K2 News Ticker - News scroller for K2
Its version 5.2.0-8

The second error comes up when the K2 item does NOT have an image. In the original post i missed out the 'not' - sorry!

Many Thanks
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi
what is the version of PHP you are using.

GreenDome said:Thanks for the reply Ramesh. I seem to be getting the following error on the front-end:
Notice: Undefined variable: slidelist in /var/www/........./modules/mod_k2newsticker/tmpl/default.php on line 40

and:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$image in /var/www/......./modules/mod_k2newsticker/tmpl/default.php on line 93 - If the K2 item does have an image.

Also any chance of making the item title and image as links to full item when clicked?

Many Thank,
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi it works for all K2 categories and items. you can use it K2 CCK without any issues. Just adjust the width and height, to get it right... Integration with K2Store is only in the planning.

thanks

GreenDome said:Hi, Does this plugin only work with K2Store or can it be used to pick up items other K2 categories? I'm planning to it to display latest news from a k2 category. Thanks in advance GD

• Ramesh Elamathi
More
14 years 5 months ago #82097 by Ramesh Elamathi
Hi

Just found this.

It is not an error. it is just a warning notice.

Just set the error reporting in Joomla to system default or none.

Thanks
Best Regards
Ramesh Elamathi

GreenDome said:Its version 5.2.0-8
The second error comes up when the K2 item does NOT have an image. In the original post i missed out the 'not' - sorry!

Many Thanks
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi what is the version of PHP you are using.

GreenDome said:Thanks for the reply Ramesh. I seem to be getting the following error on the front-end: Notice: Undefined variable: slidelist in /var/www/........./modules/mod_k2newsticker/tmpl/default.php on line 40

and:

Many Thank,
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi it works for all K2 categories and items. you can use it K2 CCK without any issues. Just adjust the width and height, to get it right... Integration with K2Store is only in the planning.
thanks

GreenDome said:Hi, Does this plugin only work with K2Store or can it be used to pick up items other K2 categories? I'm planning to it to display latest news from a k2 category. Thanks in advance GD

More
14 years 5 months ago #82098 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic K2 News Ticker - News scroller for K2
Thanks Ramesh, that's done the trick.

GD

Just found this.

It is not an error. it is just a warning notice.

Just set the error reporting in Joomla to system default or none.

Thanks
Best Regards
Ramesh Elamathi

GreenDome said:Its version 5.2.0-8 The second error comes up when the K2 item does NOT have an image. In the original post i missed out the 'not' - sorry!

Many Thanks
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi what is the version of PHP you are using.

GreenDome said:Thanks for the reply Ramesh. I seem to be getting the following error on the front-end: Notice: Undefined variable: slidelist in /var/www/........./modules/mod_k2newsticker/tmpl/default.php on line 40
and:

Many Thank,
GD

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi it works for all K2 categories and items. you can use it K2 CCK without any issues. Just adjust the width and height, to get it right... Integration with K2Store is only in the planning. thanks

More
14 years 10 hours ago #82099 by cemmac
Replied by cemmac on topic K2 News Ticker - News scroller for K2
Hi Ramesh,

Excellent work with this module and its very simple to install and config.

I have just one question if its possible ???

I have the module showing only on the home page and linked to a cat in K2, However when i click on the read more link the module still shows with the k2 item below, i know this is normal but is there any chance of modifying the code so that the item shows up without the newsticker module showing ?

I have created a new menu link for the cat that the list of items come from and would like the read more link to go to the menu link instead this way the module does not show up..... is this possible ?

Thanks again

cemmac

• Ramesh Elamathi
More
14 years 10 hours ago #82100 by Ramesh Elamathi
Hi

Can you provide the url of where you installed the module?

Let me check and help you fix it.

Thanks
Ramesh Elamathi

cemmac said:Hi Ramesh,
Excellent work with this module and its very simple to install and config.

I have the module showing only on the home page and linked to a cat in K2, However when i click on the read more link the module still shows with the k2 item below, i know this is normal but is there any chance of modifying the code so that the item shows up without the newsticker module showing ?

I have created a new menu link for the cat that the list of items come from and would like the read more link to go to the menu link instead this way the module does not show up..... is this possible ?

Thanks again

cemmac

More
14 years 9 hours ago #82101 by cemmac
thanks again

www.cranelanetheatre.ie as you will see the ticker shows the items but when you click on one it still shows the ticker module......i would like it not to show after clicking the read more

Can you provide the url of where you installed the module?

Thanks
Ramesh Elamathi

cemmac said:Hi Ramesh, Excellent work with this module and its very simple to install and config.

Thanks again

cemmac

• Ramesh Elamathi
More
14 years 22 minutes ago #82102 by Ramesh Elamathi
Hi

It seems, in module settings, you set the module to Show on All Pages. Just select the home page alone to show it.

Or send an email to me with your backend access details. You can use the contact form here to send the email. weblogicxindia.in/contact-us.html

I will help you.

Thanks
Ramesh Elamathi

cemmac said:thanks again
www.cranelanetheatre.ie as you will see the ticker shows the items but when you click on one it still shows the ticker module......i would like it not to show after clicking the read more

Ramesh Elamathi said:Hi Can you provide the url of where you installed the module?

Thanks
Ramesh Elamathi

cemmac said:Hi Ramesh, Excellent work with this module and its very simple to install and config.

Thanks again

cemmac

More
13 years 11 months ago #82103 by cemmac
Hi Ramesh,

Again thanks for the reply.

The ticker that i am refering to is using the position content-top and is set to show only on the home page, (its not set to show on all) with the header featured events. As its its such a good module I want to use it on the home-page for advertising.

If i set it to show only in the about us page (example only), and click on one of the read more links the item is shown correctly as in the php it is using the index or home page to show the item. In this case it works perfectly.

But if its set to be shown in the home-page (main index of the website) it will show the item but also the newsticker module as its set to show there.

Is it possible to modify the base url in the php script (helper.php) to change from the index url to another link (live music for example ?)

I hope that you better understand now my issue, i would not like to try and create this myself as i do not have the necessary php knowledge and it would take away from this excellent module.

I do hope that this is possible.

Best regards

Cemmac

• Ramesh Elamathi
More
13 years 11 months ago #82104 by Ramesh Elamathi
Hi

Thanks for the detailed replied.

first, i would like you to understand this: This is NOT a module specific issue. It is an issue with the template and the menu set up.

If you could give me the backend access, i can help you out. Only then i will know your set up. So help me solve the issue.

cemmac said:Hi Ramesh,
Again thanks for the reply.

The ticker that i am refering to is using the position content-top and is set to show only on the home page, (its not set to show on all) with the header featured events. As its its such a good module I want to use it on the home-page for advertising.

If i set it to show only in the about us page (example only), and click on one of the read more links the item is shown correctly as in the php it is using the index or home page to show the item. In this case it works perfectly.

But if its set to be shown in the home-page (main index of the website) it will show the item but also the newsticker module as its set to show there.

Is it possible to modify the base url in the php script (helper.php) to change from the index url to another link (live music for example ?)

I hope that you better understand now my issue, i would not like to try and create this myself as i do not have the necessary php knowledge and it would take away from this excellent module.

I do hope that this is possible.

Best regards

Cemmac