Keyword

K2 Welcome to the Front Page

• Lanesa Stubbs
  • Lanesa Stubbs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #82150 by Lanesa Stubbs
K2 Welcome to the Front Page was created by Lanesa Stubbs
I know this may sound basic, but i've been searching and searching and have not been able to find out why k2 still shows the welcome to the frontpage message even though it's been changed in the home menu. When you enter the home page you see Welcome To The Social Pulpit but as soon as you click on one of the categories it shows in the head k2 title.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #82151 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic K2 Welcome to the Front Page
Hi
Please check your home page title setting from menu manager.

• Lanesa Stubbs
More
14 years 5 months ago #82152 by Lanesa Stubbs
Replied by Lanesa Stubbs on topic K2 Welcome to the Front Page
That's not the problem. www.thesocialpulpit.com

The problem is some kind of k2 glitch... It only shows up when i type this url www.thesocialpulpit.com/home.html

Lanesa

d.k.shukla said:Hi Please check your home page title setting from menu manager.

• Lanesa Stubbs
More
14 years 5 months ago #82153 by Lanesa Stubbs
Actually whenever I would click on one of the k2 list categories, I would see welcome to the home page. Then when I created the top menu and changed it to a drop down list, it disappeared but now i don't see if for the Social Pulpit Category. Strange...

Lanesa Stubbs said:That's not the problem. www.thesocialpulpit.com

The problem is some kind of k2 glitch... It only shows up when i type this url www.thesocialpulpit.com/home.html

Lanesa

More
14 years 5 months ago #82154 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Welcome to the Front Page
Hi Lanesa,

Do you have any K2 categories called Welcome to the Frontpage?
That text is being displayed by componentheading within the k2contained, which would lead me to believe a category is display its title.

If you do have a category of that name, you may then want to disable its title.

Let us know if that helps.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Lanesa Stubbs said:Actually whenever I would click on one of the k2 list categories, I would see welcome to the home page. Then when I created the top menu and changed it to a drop down list, it disappeared but now i don't see if for the Social Pulpit Category. Strange...
Lanesa Stubbs said:That's not the problem. www.thesocialpulpit.com

Lanesa

• Lanesa Stubbs
More
14 years 5 months ago #82155 by Lanesa Stubbs
Hi Simon,

I don't have any other categories in k2. I deleted the ones that I was no longer using so I'm not sure why the page is still showing up with the "Welcome to the Frontpage Title." I have searched and searched and still unable to find out what's cause it to display the welcome to the front page title.

I've kind of given up on it for right now... It's not that big of deal if you go directly to the site, the only thing I don't like is that google has cached it in the search engine and when you click on the link, it shows it in the title of the k2 categories, which is not what I would like to see. I would like to see the actual title of the category it falls up under which the social pulpit tutorials... Strange...

K2Joom said:Hi Lanesa,
Do you have any K2 categories called Welcome to the Frontpage?
That text is being displayed by componentheading within the k2contained, which would lead me to believe a category is display its title.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Lanesa Stubbs said:Actually whenever I would click on one of the k2 list categories, I would see welcome to the home page. Then when I created the top menu and changed it to a drop down list, it disappeared but now i don't see if for the Social Pulpit Category. Strange... Lanesa Stubbs said:That's not the problem. www.thesocialpulpit.com The problem is some kind of k2 glitch... It only shows up when i type this url www.thesocialpulpit.com/home.html

Lanesa

More
14 years 5 months ago #82156 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Welcome to the Front Page
If you would like, I would be willing to take a look at it for you, add me as a friend and we can discuss in a pm.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Lanesa Stubbs said:Hi Simon,
I don't have any other categories in k2. I deleted the ones that I was no longer using so I'm not sure why the page is still showing up with the "Welcome to the Frontpage Title." I have searched and searched and still unable to find out what's cause it to display the welcome to the front page title.

I've kind of given up on it for right now... It's not that big of deal if you go directly to the site, the only thing I don't like is that google has cached it in the search engine and when you click on the link, it shows it in the title of the k2 categories, which is not what I would like to see. I would like to see the actual title of the category it falls up under which the social pulpit tutorials... Strange...

K2Joom said:Hi Lanesa, Do you have any K2 categories called Welcome to the Frontpage?

Simon
K2Joom.com

Lanesa Stubbs said:Actually whenever I would click on one of the k2 list categories, I would see welcome to the home page. Then when I created the top menu and changed it to a drop down list, it disappeared but now i don't see if for the Social Pulpit Category. Strange... Lanesa Stubbs said:That's not the problem. www.thesocialpulpit.com The problem is some kind of k2 glitch... It only shows up when i type this url www.thesocialpulpit.com/home.html
Lanesa

More
13 years 2 months ago #82157 by Gloss Hog Pty Ltd
Replied by Gloss Hog Pty Ltd on topic K2 Welcome to the Front Page
was there a solution to this. I have a similar problem. I have attempted to create a menu item linking to a K2 item however the page just displays the message: 'Welcome to the front page'