Keyword

No modal window - front end article adding

• Brett Adkins
  • Brett Adkins's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #82181 by Brett Adkins
No modal window - front end article adding was created by Brett Adkins
When adding an article from the front end, the modal window no longer appears in a pop up box. The add article window appears just like a normal page in the browser. I am running k2 v 2.2 and the latest version of Joomla 1.5.15I have not added or upgraded and plugins or components, it just mysteriously stopped working this morning. Any one else have this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brett Adkins
More
14 years 4 months ago #82182 by Brett Adkins
Replied by Brett Adkins on topic No modal window - front end article adding
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this and it was not the issue. It is really strange as I have several other sites with the same configuration and they are not experiencing this problem. I do think it is a javascript isssue...

Alex said:this can happen if you click on the link before the script loads. try letting the entire page load and then see. this happened to me before and thats what caused it

More
14 years 4 months ago #82183 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic No modal window - front end article adding
We are investigating this, we see it too on K2Joom.

Personally think a js conflict but not found out what as yet.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Brett Adkins said:Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this and it was not the issue. It is really strange as I have several other sites with the same configuration and they are not experiencing this problem. I do think it is a javascript isssue...
Alex said:this can happen if you click on the link before the script loads. try letting the entire page load and then see. this happened to me before and thats what caused it

• Brett Adkins
More
14 years 4 months ago #82184 by Brett Adkins
I have tried turning off gzip page compression, thinking that might be contributing to the issue - I am disabling components / plugins one at a time to see if I can identify the culprit. Will post any relevant findings.

The thing that has me stumped is that there have been no upgrades on the site, one day it was working the next day it wasn't...

More
14 years 4 months ago #82185 by Jeff Kitterman
Replied by Jeff Kitterman on topic No modal window - front end article adding
Hello,
I to am having this problem. Surmising that I have some kind of conflict with another extension, I created a clean install of Joomla 1.5.17 in a subdirectory of my site. I only installed the K2 extensions, no others. I set up a parent category and imported the sample Joomla data into K2. I then set up a user group and configured a test user so that the account could add and edit items.

When the user clicks either link (add a new item or edit item), the editor opens in the same window - not modal. Upon saving, I see a message that says the item is saved, but I still see the editing page. When I look at the source code for the resulting page, I see the code for the category item layout. So, I refresh my browser window and then I see the category items.

Looking at the links for adding and editing that are created by k2, I see that the url includes "&tmpl=component." I've read that it should be "&tmpl=modal." Is this correct? Have you any ideas to share regarding a solution to this problem?

Many thanks,

Jeff

• Brett Adkins
More
14 years 4 months ago #82186 by Brett Adkins
I have turned off every component and extension on my affected site looking for potential conflicts - to no avail.

The strange thing is, I have 30 community portals with the exact same settings, extensions, and components, and only one is having this issue. I am out of ideas at this point, I am hoping Simon at K2Joom.com will find a solution...

Brett

Jeff Kitterman said:Hello, I to am having this problem. Surmising that I have some kind of conflict with another extension, I created a clean install of Joomla 1.5.17 in a subdirectory of my site. I only installed the K2 extensions, no others. I set up a parent category and imported the sample Joomla data into K2. I then set up a user group and configured a test user so that the account could add and edit items.

When the user clicks either link (add a new item or edit item), the editor opens in the same window - not modal. Upon saving, I see a message that says the item is saved, but I still see the editing page. When I look at the source code for the resulting page, I see the code for the category item layout. So, I refresh my browser window and then I see the category items.

Looking at the links for adding and editing that are created by k2, I see that the url includes "&tmpl=component." I've read that it should be "&tmpl=modal." Is this correct? Have you any ideas to share regarding a solution to this problem?

Many thanks,

Jeff

• Brett Adkins
More
14 years 2 months ago #82187 by Brett Adkins
By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?

• Brett Adkins
More
14 years 2 months ago #82188 by Brett Adkins
UPDATE: The upgrade to V 2.3 solved the modal window problem.

Brett Adkins said:By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?

More
14 years 2 months ago #82189 by Jeff Kitterman
Replied by Jeff Kitterman on topic No modal window - front end article adding
Thanks for this. I updated to v 2.3 and it solved my problems - partially. The modal window opens, but when I save, a message appears confirming that the article has been saved, but the editing window still appears. I have to refresh the page in my browser in order to be taken back to my k2 Blog page. Any ideas?

Brett Adkins said:UPDATE: The upgrade to V 2.3 solved the modal window problem.
Brett Adkins said:By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?

• Brett Adkins
More
14 years 2 months ago #82190 by Brett Adkins
Have you tried it on different browsers?

Jeff Kitterman said:Thanks for this. I updated to v 2.3 and it solved my problems - partially. The modal window opens, but when I save, a message appears confirming that the article has been saved, but the editing window still appears. I have to refresh the page in my browser in order to be taken back to my k2 Blog page. Any ideas?
Brett Adkins said:UPDATE: The upgrade to V 2.3 solved the modal window problem. Brett Adkins said:By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?