Keyword

No modal window - front end article adding

More
14 years 2 months ago #82191 by Jeff Kitterman
Replied by Jeff Kitterman on topic No modal window - front end article adding
I just tried in FF, Chrome, and IE:
FF - Modal Window, but doesn't redirect to Blog page when saving.
Chrome - No modal window and doesn't return to page.
IE8 - No modal window and doesn't return to page.

Brett Adkins said:Have you tried it on different browsers?
Jeff Kitterman said:Thanks for this. I updated to v 2.3 and it solved my problems - partially. The modal window opens, but when I save, a message appears confirming that the article has been saved, but the editing window still appears. I have to refresh the page in my browser in order to be taken back to my k2 Blog page. Any ideas? Brett Adkins said:UPDATE: The upgrade to V 2.3 solved the modal window problem. Brett Adkins said:By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brett Adkins
  • Brett Adkins's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #82192 by Brett Adkins
Replied by Brett Adkins on topic No modal window - front end article adding
OK - I had a PayPal plugin in my firefox browser that caused something similar a while back - thought that might be it.

If I think of anything else I will let you know. I have about 30 community portals being run by local people using a wide variety of browsers and the V 2.3 upgrade has (so far) fixed all the issues we were having with modal windows.

Jeff Kitterman said:I just tried in FF, Chrome, and IE: FF - Modal Window, but doesn't redirect to Blog page when saving.
Chrome - No modal window and doesn't return to page.

Brett Adkins said:Have you tried it on different browsers? Jeff Kitterman said:Thanks for this. I updated to v 2.3 and it solved my problems - partially. The modal window opens, but when I save, a message appears confirming that the article has been saved, but the editing window still appears. I have to refresh the page in my browser in order to be taken back to my k2 Blog page. Any ideas? Brett Adkins said:UPDATE: The upgrade to V 2.3 solved the modal window problem. Brett Adkins said:By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?

More
14 years 2 months ago #82193 by Jeff Kitterman
Great. Many thanks.

Brett Adkins said:OK - I had a PayPal plugin in my firefox browser that caused something similar a while back - thought that might be it.
If I think of anything else I will let you know. I have about 30 community portals being run by local people using a wide variety of browsers and the V 2.3 upgrade has (so far) fixed all the issues we were having with modal windows.

Jeff Kitterman said:I just tried in FF, Chrome, and IE: FF - Modal Window, but doesn't redirect to Blog page when saving. Chrome - No modal window and doesn't return to page.

Brett Adkins said:Have you tried it on different browsers? Jeff Kitterman said:Thanks for this. I updated to v 2.3 and it solved my problems - partially. The modal window opens, but when I save, a message appears confirming that the article has been saved, but the editing window still appears. I have to refresh the page in my browser in order to be taken back to my k2 Blog page. Any ideas? Brett Adkins said:UPDATE: The upgrade to V 2.3 solved the modal window problem. Brett Adkins said:By an chance, does the K2 2.3 upgrade fix the modal window issue for those affected?

More
14 years 1 month ago #82194 by Jeff Kitterman
Update: I have discovered that the frontend editing window was indeed opening in a modal window. However, it was so large, that I couldn't see that this was the case. I changed the code as posted here and the modal window opens in a reasonable size in all 3 browsers that I mentioned. Should the modal window close when I save the edits? I receive a message stating that the item has been saved, but the modal window stays open. I have to close the window manually and then refresh the page to see my updated item. Is this the expected behavior?

Jeff Kitterman said:Great. Many thanks.
Brett Adkins said:OK - I had a PayPal plugin in my firefox browser that caused something similar a while back - thought that might be it. If I think of anything else I will let you know. I have about 30 community portals being run by local people using a wide variety of browsers and the V 2.3 upgrade has (so far) fixed all the issues we were having with modal windows.

Jeff Kitterman said:I just tried in FF, Chrome, and IE: FF - Modal Window, but doesn't redirect to Blog page when saving. Chrome - No modal window and doesn't return to page. IE8 - No modal window and doesn't return to page.