Keyword

K2 Item Title Spaces, BUG?

• Clifford Sonnentag
  • Clifford Sonnentag's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82422 by Clifford Sonnentag
K2 Item Title Spaces, BUG? was created by Clifford Sonnentag
I'm trying to parse the K2 item title spaces with a java split function and this is not working.  c=b.split(" ")  Does anyone know how the K2 title spaces are saved or why the joomla article titles will parse through this java, but not the K2 item titles?The function is part of RocketTheme's gantry extension that builds spans into the item titles with more than one word.  it splits the title by " " and adds a span around the first word.  The problem is that it is adding the span before the title ex: <h2><span></span>Item Title</h2>  This leads me to believe K2 does not use standard spaces in the item titles.  Is this correct and how are the item title spaces  stored and parsed to the display page?Thank You.Cliffclof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clifford Sonnentag
  • Clifford Sonnentag's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82423 by Clifford Sonnentag
Replied by Clifford Sonnentag on topic K2 Item Title Spaces, BUG?
UPDATE:

This is what happens when spaces are replaced with + signs using a java script split(" "); join("+");

Hmmmmmm? wtf?

More
13 years 11 months ago #82424 by jmarvin
Replied by jmarvin on topic K2 Item Title Spaces, BUG?
I had this problem and fixed it by removing the spaces & carriage returns between the h1 tag and the anchor in the override template.

/templates/templatename/html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php (forinstance)

item->link; ?>">