Keyword

MooTools: slideshow "reloads" when navigating causing site to "bounce"

• Michelle Wicmandy
  • Michelle Wicmandy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #82474 by Michelle Wicmandy
When navigating my site, the slideshow seems to reload which causes the site to bounce.

Has anyone run into this problem? It was suggested that this could be caused by the transition settings: Transition duration, transition type, transition for push/wipe. [?]

is anyone familiar with this?

southeastmediatexas.com/joomla/case-studies.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #82475 by Simon Wells
Hi Michelle,

I have just tested with Flock 2.5.6, FireFox and IE 8 and the slider loads nicley on every page reload.
Seems ok to me.
Which slider are you using?

Simon
K2 Support

• Michelle Wicmandy
More
14 years 5 months ago #82476 by Michelle Wicmandy
Hmmm.... when i navigate from page to page, my pages "bounce" as if the slider is reloading. instead of the page being stationary, it's as if something is reloading. I'm using RokSlideShow -- a rocket theme template.

i'm very new to joomla and know nothing about mootools but was told this bounce affect was probably due to the mootools setting. ???

K2Joom said:Hi Michelle,I have just tested with Flock 2.5.6, FireFox and IE 8 and the slider loads nicley on every page reload.Seems ok to me.Which slider are you using?SimonK2 Support

More
14 years 5 months ago #82477 by Simon Wells
Right, OK, I see what you mean, yes then that looks like an effect create by RokSlideShow.
Have you tried changing to another effect? ike ease in/out?

Simon
K2 Support

Michelle Wicmandy said:Hmmm.... when i navigate from page to page, my pages "bounce" as if the slider is reloading. instead of the page being stationary, it's as if something is reloading. I'm using RokSlideShow -- a rocket theme template.
i'm very new to joomla and know nothing about mootools but was told this bounce affect was probably due to the mootools setting. ???

K2Joom said:Hi Michelle,I have just tested with Flock 2.5.6, FireFox and IE 8 and the slider loads nicley on every page reload.Seems ok to me.Which slider are you using?SimonK2 Support

• Michelle Wicmandy
More
14 years 5 months ago #82478 by Michelle Wicmandy
okay. that's all this is? there are many different options ---
then, image duration and transition duration, transition type.... It seems like the possibilities are endless.
i'll work with this and see what happens.

thanks!

K2Joom said:Right, OK, I see what you mean, yes then that looks like an effect create by RokSlideShow.Have you tried changing to another effect? ike ease in/out?SimonK2 SupportMichelle Wicmandy said:Hmmm.... when i navigate from page to page, my pages "bounce" as if the slider is reloading. instead of the page being stationary, it's as if something is reloading. I'm using RokSlideShow -- a rocket theme template.i'm very new to joomla and know nothing about mootools but was told this bounce affect was probably due to the mootools setting. ???K2Joom said:Hi Michelle,I have just tested with Flock 2.5.6, FireFox and IE 8 and the slider loads nicley on every page reload.Seems ok to me.Which slider are you using?SimonK2 Support

More
13 years 5 months ago #82479 by Sunny Cheung
I face the same problem with you. Have you solved this?