Keyword

550 Could not change perms on com_k2: Operation not permitted

• Thambi Yousuf
  • Thambi Yousuf's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82736 by Thambi Yousuf
hi friends,i could change permissions on all  joomla components or any other folder. why com_k2 not allowing me. can any learned teacher give a cluethanksthambisingapore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #82737 by william white
Do you have root access?
if so navigate to the component directory and chmod -R 777 ./ (be sure to put it back like it was!) see man chmod
A better way would be to add the ftp user to the group that ownes the files. see man chgrp
If your using fireftp be sure to close and reopen it before thinking is doesnt work.
Do you have ftp such as fireftp?
Look in your file manager of cpanel or plesk and try to see if there is a different group or owner of the files from the rest of joomla. If so, change it to the same as the rest of joomla and it should work.

• Thambi Yousuf
  • Thambi Yousuf's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82738 by Thambi Yousuf
hi william,

thanks a lot, would go thro the whole process and revert back

thanks

thambi

More
14 years 4 months ago #82739 by william white
I may be doing this wrong, but i usually change the owner and group of ever ything from httpdocs down to apache and i have less problems. Sometimes i still run into upload problems.

More
13 years 7 months ago #82740 by daniele poidomani
Hi there,

i have the same problem as thambi. I can't change the com_k2 directory permission but i can change any other i want on the website.... and unfortunately i have no clue of what William is suggesting as i'm not familiar at all with chmod, unix systems etc. where am i supposed to write(?) "-R 777 ./"   ?I use FireFtp for my ftp connection and i normally just right click on files to change permissions...

thank you guys,

Daniele

More
13 years 7 months ago #82741 by william white
Using FireFtp navigate to the file and/or directory in question. Right click and check its properties. Notice the USER  and GROUP it belongs to. Chances are for some reason this is not the same as the rest of your install, and the user you are logging into fireftp with does not have rights to change the file or directory

More
13 years 7 months ago #82742 by daniele poidomani
Hi William,

thanks for your help... and you're right, it's a different user and group. both are "80". I guess my only option now is to contact the web host's tech support to have that changed?

daniele

William White said:

Using FireFtp navigate to the file and/or directory in question. Right click and check its properties. Notice the USER  and GROUP it belongs to. Chances are for some reason this is not the same as the rest of your install, and the user you are logging into fireftp with does not have rights to change the file or directory