Keyword

how to remove / hide upload video tab from fontend editors

• scyllar
  • scyllar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82864 by scyllar
hi i have four questions - 1) how to remove / hide upload video tab from frontend editors?and2) how to remove / hide "browse server" under image tab from frontend editors?and3) how to hide / remove  the toggle sidebar from frontend editors?and 4) how to hide / remove the WYSIWYG editor for item content for frontend editors? do you know which files i should look into if i don't mind a hack to the core? thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #82865 by Kathy Lombard
To disable the video tab, go to K2 global parameters. Under Frontend editing, set "Video tab on edit form" to no.

• scyllar
  • scyllar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82866 by scyllar
thanks kathy, but i meant to disable the UPLOAD sub-tab under video tab. I know there isn't a param available for this, however, i don't mind hacking.

does anyone have any clue for all my questions?

More
14 years 3 months ago #82867 by sigpro_firsttry
Same here. I would love to know how to get rid of the editor/ toggle-button!

Is there any chance to use another form generator to submit an item to K2?

Thanks to all!

More
14 years 2 months ago #82868 by badrun badranaya
Replied by badrun badranaya on topic how to remove / hide upload video tab from fontend editors
For your questions #1, #2, #3, I did it manually.
Locate the file used for frontend editing
YourSite\components\com_k2\views\item\tmpl\form.php
find the code, then remove or just add comment to the tags which you do not want to be appear..

For your question #4, I think you can go to Global Configuration > Default WYSIWYG Editor, you can change it to No Editor...

I'm so looking for the way how to hide Button Image on the WYSWYG editor, because user may open anything in our Joomla! Images folder...

More
14 years 2 months ago #82869 by badrun badranaya
Replied by badrun badranaya on topic how to remove / hide upload video tab from fontend editors
shame on me...
I answer my own question. I found the answer, just go to Plugins Manager > Editor Button - Image and set the access level to Special. It dissallow my registered member to access the button from frontend editing.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 week ago #82870 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic how to remove / hide upload video tab from fontend editors
Badrun how do you do this? I am trying to do what you say but I am not finding the right thing to "comment out" it is weird it is like the commenting out won't work. I do the // the /* */ nada

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 week ago #82871 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic how to remove / hide upload video tab from fontend editors
I created a whole response for edits I made to the forum.php but this forum doesn't allow for bbcode

I included the changes in a word docx.

More
14 years 1 week ago #82872 by badrun badranaya
Christian Matthieas said:Badrun how do you do this? I am trying to do what you say but I am not finding the right thing to "comment out" it is weird it is like the commenting out won't work. I do the // the /* */ nada

Hi Christian, use PHP comment to exclude some code

[edited. I can't post sample code here]

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 week ago #82873 by Christian Matthieas
lol I tried to but I had to use this <----> it did not work any other way... it would work in the beggining of the php document but as I went down it didn't work

badrun badranaya said:Christian Matthieas said:Badrun how do you do this? I am trying to do what you say but I am not finding the right thing to "comment out" it is weird it is like the commenting out won't work. I do the // the /* */ nada

Hi Christian, use PHP comment to exclude some code[edited. I can't post sample code here]