Keyword

how to change the generic view? Please Please Please...

• scyllar
  • scyllar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #82881 by scyllar
Hello folks I want to change the generic view for item list in order to get an identical look as the category item list view. As I have made some hacks to the core files to be able to display some extra fields added to user profile, I have played with ../models/item.php, itemlist.php and so on. But the problem is that I don't know how to display them in the generic view. Could you please give me some tips which files should I look into? Or, which files have supplied the data used in generic.php? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #82882 by Serge Pervakov
Replied by Serge Pervakov on topic how to change the generic view? Please Please Please...
I'm also wondering how to display extra fields in generic view.
In generic.php there is a part of a code that corresponds to this issue, but it doesn't display extra fields anyway.
Please, help!

More
13 years 8 months ago #82883 by thien tran
I can't believe the solution is not available anywhere, I have been looking for awhile too.

More
13 years 6 months ago #82884 by Michael Tull
Hi There, Im not sure if this will help.. it does not really explain whats going on, but it might get you started..

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/show-extra-field-name-within?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A15462

I actually dont understand what they are talking about :) as I am a cut and paster with PHP but I have been able to follow along and get specific extra fields in my catlist views, so I am going to try and work it out as I also need extra fields in my generic template.. ( But I also need to hide if it it's empty - u-oh.. )

If I work it out I will come back here and let you know... Also ( and I am not advertising ) but I am about to give a tool from Joomlaxtc a go called K2 content wall.  Im really not sure if it will work yet, but it may mean I dont have to code php :) so thats my first stop.