Keyword

Food recipes in K2?

• Henrik Larsen
  • Henrik Larsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #83110 by Henrik Larsen
Food recipes in K2? was created by Henrik Larsen
HelloI have tried to use a second extensions to create recipes in, but it has failed me too well, now I hear there are some of you who have tried to use K2 for this?Or am I looking to use an extensions which works to develop my own recipe collection?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #83111 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Food recipes in K2?
Hi Sharky

OK, with K2 one of the main featured for you would be the nested categories, or categories within a category.

An example for you would be

Meat Dishes (category)
Pork Dishes (sub category)
Chicken Dishes (sub category)
Lamb Dishes (sub category)
Desserts (category)
Cakes (sub category)
Ices (sub category)
Puddings (sub category)
Blackberry (sub sub category)
Strawberry (sub sub category)

That would be a start of a structure.

Then you create your K2 Items (replaces joomla articles)
In your K2 items, you can then set tags as keywords to link the items.

You can also create extra field groups for ingredients that maybe you would need.

I have some documents over at K2joom.com which might help you get started or feel free to post more specific questions here, there are plenty of helpful users in the forums.

Simon
K2 Support

• Henrik Larsen
More
14 years 4 months ago #83112 by Henrik Larsen
Replied by Henrik Larsen on topic Food recipes in K2?
K2 Support said:Hi SharkyOK, with K2 one of the main featured for you would be the nested categories, or categories within a category.An example for you would beMeat Dishes (category)Pork Dishes (sub category)Chicken Dishes (sub category)Lamb Dishes (sub category)Desserts (category)Cakes (sub category)Ices (sub category)Puddings (sub category)Blackberry (sub sub category)Strawberry (sub sub category)That would be a start of a structure.Then you create your K2 Items (replaces joomla articles)In your K2 items, you can then set tags as keywords to link the items.You can also create extra field groups for ingredients that maybe you would need.I have some documents over at K2joom.com which might help you get started or feel free to post more specific questions here, there are plenty of helpful users in the forums.SimonK2 Support

Hi

Thx for the help, i will look on it later.

• Henrik Larsen
More
14 years 4 months ago #83113 by Henrik Larsen
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi SharkyOK, with K2 one of the main featured for you would be the nested categories, or categories within a category.An example for you would beMeat Dishes (category)Pork Dishes (sub category)Chicken Dishes (sub category)Lamb Dishes (sub category)Desserts (category)Cakes (sub category)Ices (sub category)Puddings (sub category)Blackberry (sub sub category)Strawberry (sub sub category)That would be a start of a structure.Then you create your K2 Items (replaces joomla articles)In your K2 items, you can then set tags as keywords to link the items.You can also create extra field groups for ingredients that maybe you would need.I have some documents over at K2joom.com which might help you get started or feel free to post more specific questions here, there are plenty of helpful users in the forums.SimonK2 Support

Many thanks for your reply.

I am now looking at it and came to think that it can be overwhelming many categories which can come in pull down menu on sight, but I have to try to get it to work as good as possible when I now want to use K2 for the task can be as low a standard template (document) which is set up to handle the recipes in K2?

-Henrik

More
14 years 3 months ago #83114 by Perusi
Replied by Perusi on topic Food recipes in K2?
I developed a recipes site with K2, it will be ready in about 2 weeks (online i mean, because now it`s on my pc :) )

so if you want help, send me a msg

sharky said:Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi SharkyOK, with K2 one of the main featured for you would be the nested categories, or categories within a category.An example for you would beMeat Dishes (category)Pork Dishes (sub category)Chicken Dishes (sub category)Lamb Dishes (sub category)Desserts (category)Cakes (sub category)Ices (sub category)Puddings (sub category)Blackberry (sub sub category)Strawberry (sub sub category)That would be a start of a structure.Then you create your K2 Items (replaces joomla articles)In your K2 items, you can then set tags as keywords to link the items.You can also create extra field groups for ingredients that maybe you would need.I have some documents over at K2joom.com which might help you get started or feel free to post more specific questions here, there are plenty of helpful users in the forums.SimonK2 Support

I am now looking at it and came to think that it can be overwhelming many categories which can come in pull down menu on sight, but I have to try to get it to work as good as possible when I now want to use K2 for the task can be as low a standard template (document) which is set up to handle the recipes in K2?

-Henrik

More
13 years 6 months ago #83115 by patrick bol
Replied by patrick bol on topic Food recipes in K2?
Perusi said:
I developed a recipes site with K2, it will be ready in about 2 weeks (online i mean, because now it`s on my pc :) ) so if you want help, send me a msg

sharky said:
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi SharkyOK, with K2 one of the main featured for you would be the nested categories, or categories within a category.An example for you would beMeat Dishes (category)Pork Dishes (sub category)Chicken Dishes (sub category)Lamb Dishes (sub category)Desserts (category)Cakes (sub category)Ices (sub category)Puddings (sub category)Blackberry (sub sub category)Strawberry (sub sub category)That would be a start of a structure.Then you create your K2 Items (replaces joomla articles)In your K2 items, you can then set tags as keywords to link the items.You can also create extra field groups for ingredients that maybe you would need.I have some documents over at K2joom.com which might help you get started or feel free to post more specific questions here, there are plenty of helpful users in the forums.SimonK2 Support

-Henrik
Is your site online?

• Henrik Larsen
More
13 years 6 months ago #83116 by Henrik Larsen
Hello

I use not K2 more - i have upgrade my sites to Joomla 1.6