Keyword

"Internal Server Error" by adding an image to an item

• Greyhawk
  • Greyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #83233 by Greyhawk
If I try to edit an article and add a new image in it and try to save, then the following error occurs:"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

I can add new items without problems - this error occurs only when I´m trying to add a new article-iamge. Please, what can be the reason of that error?

I have deactivated nearly all plugins but the problem is still the same...

EDIT: The really strange thing is: It works to add some images... but not for the most. And I cant realize any different between this images... all are jpg´s, all have nearly the same file-size... I dont understand this!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #83234 by 179websites.com
Replied by 179websites.com on topic "Internal Server Error" by adding an image to an item
I am having the same issue. I have to back out of the article, and then go back into it. Then the image will upload. this seems to occur about every 5-6 images uploaded.

Joomla 1.5.22

K2 2.4.1

More
13 years 7 months ago #83235 by william white
Replied by william white on topic "Internal Server Error" by adding an image to an item
Look at your php configuration and increase the timeout and max file upload size.

More
13 years 7 months ago #83236 by pradeep
Hi to All,
We have developed a joomla website(1.5.15) installed with k2 component .
k2 templating 
/components/com_k2/templates/ ----core page we didn't made any changes in this folder
first we copy and paste into the templates folder.after that we make changes only in 
this folder.not in components folder.
Page will display according to our requirement.
we have made the coding changes in /templates/JOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/ 
everything goes well.
but we are in the situation to upgrade the joomla website from 1.5.15 to 1.5.18
using an component called joomla update manager.by using this component we have upgraded 
successfully.
After that we made a test.unfortunately,category_item.php and generic.php outputs the core 
design.it is not displaying what are all the changes we made in templates folder file.
question is both the folder files should be same or from  which folder the web page will Access for the display.
can you please help me out here 
Thanks,
Pradeep

More
13 years 6 months ago #83237 by Dritan Cela
i olso didnt find any solution for this error so i will abandon K2 becouse of this internal error,

More
13 years 5 months ago #83238 by otr
I'm a new K2 user and having the same issue. I like K2 but will not be able to use it if I do not find a solution to this problem fast.

dritan cela said:
i olso didnt find any solution for this error so i will abandon K2 becouse of this internal error,

More
13 years 5 months ago #83239 by william white
Replied by william white on topic "Internal Server Error" by adding an image to an item
@otr

Go to Joomla-Global Settings-Server Tab and turn error reporting to maximum and see if the error changes

Go to K2 Dashboard and check Multibyet String support = enabled, check upload limit, check directory permissions media k2 items = writable (these should be correct if the original image will upload

Also, check the filename of the file you are uploading and be sure there are no odd characters in it and the extension is lowercase jpg (sometimes unix is pickey)

Please report back if you get a different error or more info

More
13 years 5 months ago #83240 by otr
My problem is that from the K2 dashboard, when I click New Item it says Server Error.

William White said:
@otr

Go to Joomla-Global Settings-Server Tab and turn error reporting to maximum and see if the error changes

Go to K2 Dashboard and check Multibyet String support = enabled, check upload limit, check directory permissions media k2 items = writable (these should be correct if the original image will upload

Also, check the filename of the file you are uploading and be sure there are no odd characters in it and the extension is lowercase jpg (sometimes unix is pickey)

Please report back if you get a different error or more info

More
13 years 5 months ago #83241 by william white
Backup your site, and reinstall k2