Keyword

K2 CSV import tool

• Artur Neumann
  • Artur Neumann's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #83288 by Artur Neumann
Replied by Artur Neumann on topic K2 CSV import tool
There is a new version online (0.3): www.individual-it.net/en/Joomla/
Now its possible to import images and tags.
I have also a little help ready: www.individual-it.net/en/Instructions-for-K2-Import-Component.html

The import of images is very slow because K2 create 6 different images out of one. Do we need them all?

P.S. if you like the component please write a small review or vote: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/12408

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #83289 by In Color
Replied by In Color on topic K2 CSV import tool
Hi. I purchased this component and have had very limited success with it. It took some trial and error to get my CSV file properly formatted, and now that it's ready, it processes for a short while then hangs.

Through extensive testing, I can successfully import a CSV file with 12 records, but when I try a larger file, it ends up with a blank screen at this URL: /administrator/index.php. It seems like some sort of time-out, but my PHP time-out limit is pretty high: Connection: 300 - Keep-Alive: 15. Max execution time is: 30. The blank white screen pops up after a full minute. Then after I reload the page and go to K2, only 12 items have imported out of over 100.

Please help.

Art

• Artur Neumann
More
14 years 3 months ago #83290 by Artur Neumann
do You try the import with images? To create all K2 images took a lot of time.

More
14 years 3 months ago #83291 by In Color
Replied by In Color on topic K2 CSV import tool
Yes, they all have images. I have several hundred records to import. What should I do?

Artur Neumann said:do You try the import with images? To create all K2 images took a lot of time.

• Artur Neumann
More
14 years 3 months ago #83292 by Artur Neumann
Then you maybe need just more time or smaller files.
www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php
www.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-execution-time
If 12 out of 100 items are imported in 30sec. Just try 300sec. (If you are allowed to change the time)

The import generate images like K2 does it self. This means seven images in different scale.
I'm not sure for what K2 needs all this images.
You can go to the file administrator/components/com_k2import/models/k2import.php and comment out some of the image creations. There are starting from line 271.

More
14 years 2 months ago #83293 by erind
Replied by erind on topic K2 CSV import tool
Hello Artur

Last week i just get your import for k2 component and I am very satisfied with it. NICE JOB.

I have a request to do.

Do you have any solution that each article that is imported to have different user.

Can you help me customize the component that after inserting another row "users" and after importing from the csv file, the author of that article to be different from "administrator"

Waiting for your instructions.

Best

Erind

• Artur Neumann
More
14 years 2 months ago #83294 by Artur Neumann
Hi Erind,
at the moment its just possible to import via as an other user when you give this user admin permissions and then you can import the content with this user.

An extra row would be possible. But not for me at the moment :-) I have a lot of work in the next days and on Thursday I will leave to Hungary for 11 days, to train Christian youth and children workers.

How urgent is your request?

More
14 years 2 months ago #83295 by erind
Replied by erind on topic K2 CSV import tool
Hello Artur

Thanx for the reply, i have to import 170 articles from 100 users for the end of the week.

if you dont have the time, can you instruct me smth, I have php knowledge and can try do it myself.

• Artur Neumann
More
14 years 2 months ago #83296 by Artur Neumann
check the controller.php
the function import() first get the data from the csv and the saves it: $model->save()

in line 183 its gets the user $user =& JFactory::getUser(); and the last value for $model->save() is $user->id

More
14 years 2 months ago #83297 by Next Wave, Inc.
Replied by Next Wave, Inc. on topic K2 CSV import tool
Works great for me. I actually had a database (Access), and made a linked table of the example.csv, and created queries to do the inserts. Saved me a bit of work figuring out the K2 table structures.

Can this import tool be enhanced specifically for K2Store, to bring in the price?

Thanks!