Keyword

K2 Ready Templates

• J Gallop
  • J Gallop's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #83452 by J Gallop
K2 Ready Templates was created by J Gallop
Various template providers have started to provide templates that are advertised as "K2 Ready," "K2 Compatible" or as having "integrated K2 styles".  But nobody is giving any detailed descriptions of how their templates are particularly suited for K2.The only article I see on templating for K2 jumps right in to sub-templating.  I think a lot of us who are just starting with K2 need to have some basic questions answered.  I group those questions into 2 main categories:
K2 Specific vs Standard Joomla Template:  Will a standard Joomla Template work?  What K2 functionality will be lost without a "K2 compatible template"?  What are the minimal K2 specific template features that should be present for a template to be considered "K2 compatible"?
Optimal K2 Styling.  Even if a standard Joomla template will work, or if a template is "compatible", it might not be optimal.  Evidently there is some advantage to be gained by tailoring styles to K2 elements.  What integrated K2 styling features should we look for to maximize the potential of K2?

One other thing is needed in addition to answers to the basic questions above.  That is for template designers to be specific about K2 features so template consumers can know what they are getting.  So let this be a request for template designers to start adding feature lists to their K2 template advertisements.I'm looking forward to getting a handle on what to expect minimally of a free K2 specific template as well as what to look for in a premium K2 template to make full use of its special content management features.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #83453 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Ready Templates
Hi
I read your question, which has prompted me to follow this up for you with a blog post on simon.getk2.org

In addition to the background information in that blog post, you will also find details of K2 templating here.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 6 days ago #83454 by goldoz
Replied by goldoz on topic K2 Ready Templates
I have found templates that are k2 ready but none that is k2mart ready - meaning, that they have vm and k2mart pre installed
does any body know of such template?