Keyword

Blog Items - Order

• Tarun
  • Tarun's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #83477 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Blog Items - Order
So you mean i should choose item ordering "Most recent first" under the category parameter. But and make a new item and changed creation date. But this could be for new article if i wanna to change ordering for old items then how could this work?

Suppose in the immigration site i want to move this item "Immigration Fees: Credit Card Risks" to under this item "Brits Dream of Exile". Then will it work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #83478 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic Blog Items - Order
Yup, change to "Most recent first" under category parameter. And then go into the item called "Immigration Fees: Credit Card Risks" and manually change the "creation date" to be abit older than "Brits Dream of Exile" eg. 10 May 2010 20:20.

• Tarun
More
14 years 4 months ago #83479 by Tarun
Paul,

I made a new item with the creation date of 5th may 2010, but you know it is still showing at the top of the items.

I mean i can still see my test item first, then another items. And i have changed Most Recent First from the category parameter, Nothing is happening.

More
14 years 4 months ago #83480 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic Blog Items - Order
Tarun,

Do you mean in the backend or frontend that you can see the test article at the top? If you want can try and solve this on Instant messenger, I sent you a friend request here on the K2 forum (top right corner - friends)

• Tarun
More
14 years 4 months ago #83481 by Tarun
Yes, this is the problem after all of this i can see the test item at the top. And i have accepted your friend request.

More
14 years 2 months ago #83482 by Kevin Woolf
Replied by Kevin Woolf on topic Blog Items - Order
Running K2 2.3 on Rochen (so you know everything works) and I'm having this order problem as well. I have a restaurant menu category and two sub-categories, meats and side dishes. Now I've set both the parent category (restaurant menu) to show in order and I've also set each category to show in order, and I've arranged meats to be sub-cat 1 and side dishes to be sub-cat 2. Problem is that I can't even tell what order the items are appearing in because it appears random. They don't appear in the order set in the category setting or sub-cat setting, and they don't appear as ordered in the items backend menu. Basically, the meats are supposed to appear in order before the side dishes. Impossible! I'm lost! www.88kbbq.com

More
13 years 3 months ago #83483 by mojohand
Replied by mojohand on topic Blog Items - Order
actually it a serious BUG and some of the developers should take a look, It cannot be solved with a simple work around.

an award winner extension cannot afford such a bug, I think and we all would be grateful if you could fix it...

Thanx

More
13 years 2 months ago #83484 by Maia Grenell
Replied by Maia Grenell on topic Blog Items - Order
I am having the same problem. Can anyone help?

More
13 years 2 months ago #83485 by Femke Horsmans
Replied by Femke Horsmans on topic Blog Items - Order
Same here!!!! I tried changing the publish date as deleting, but without result.......

• Leonidas Petropoulos
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #83486 by Leonidas Petropoulos
Replied by Leonidas Petropoulos on topic Blog Items - Order
i have the same problem ...can someone solve this?