Keyword

Tieing in various other components using K2 under the one category tree?

• Steve Kemp
  • Steve Kemp's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #83547 by Steve Kemp
Im new to Joomla and K2 so forgive my stupidity and ignorance but im trying to work out the best way of tieing in several components on to various pages and categories of a site i am developing.Essentially the site is a portal/directory with several main categories and then subcategories under thatlet me give you an example of the CATEGORY structure...TOWN- TOWN #1- TOWN #2
DINING- TOWN #1- TOWN #2
EVENTS- TOWN #1- TOWN #2
NEWS- TOWN #1- TOWN #2
and so on etc...now what i want however is for each of the relevant categories from each category to show up when i go to one of the TOWN pagesso for example lets say i click on TOWN and then TOWN #1 in the town #1 section i want to show the content for that section along with the relevant content from the DINING, EVENTS AND NEWS subcategories relating to TOWN #1 so that it all looks seamlessis this possible to do and whats the best way to go about doing it?i would also want to include for example mosets directory listings relating to TOWN #1 within the TOWN #1 section and also am considering adding in a community section using Jomsocial so want them all to tie in together seamlesslyis my creating the directory structure in K2 the right way to start off or should i just create categories and in the normal joomla category manager and some how tie in the individual bits i need into each category?any advise would be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve Kemp
More
14 years 3 months ago #83548 by Steve Kemp
Can anyone offer me any advice on this please?

perhaps there is a way to import the directory structure from mosets into k2?

More
14 years 3 months ago #83549 by Andreas E. Jurat
He Steve,
first let me say, that my English is not the best, I'm from Germany.
I understand your intention, but is it really needfull to take this structure? Wich content you show in the category "Town"?
Town#1, Towm#2, Town#3 ...
And then?
Town#1 : Dining, News, Events for this town (right?) Anything else?
Town#2 : The same objects? for this town?
It would be better to create a category Towns, and there
Town#1 Submenu: Sights, Dining, Events, News
Town#2 Submenu: ...
Additional Categories like Dining, Events, News etc are possible with more generally content. In this way it's not to need a crossover strukture.
Maybe I've not understand your question, but i think your problem is not technical more structurally.
Greatings
Andreas

• Steve Kemp
More
14 years 3 months ago #83550 by Steve Kemp
Andreas

Thanks for your response

im using mosets as a directory tree structure and its quite a large directory and very complex

im doing all the static content page content using K2 and basically i want the 2 structures to work together as one directory structure, however when you drill down into a directory and get to a town level there are other trees from the root directory that tie into it

im just not sure on the right approach to it