Keyword

Item View set to Public but requires registration

• Michael Kleissler
  • Michael Kleissler's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #83629 by Michael Kleissler
Item View set to Public but requires registration was created by Michael Kleissler
Hello,I have set a Category to Public and set the menu item to public but for some reason the Item view requires registration.So, the category listing is public and I can see the list of K2 articles/content items but when I click 'Read more' to see full article in Item view and comment it requires registration.  What could be causing this?  As I mentioned the category, individual items and menu item have been set to public. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Kleissler
  • Michael Kleissler's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #83630 by Michael Kleissler
Replied by Michael Kleissler on topic Item View set to Public but requires registration
I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. Glad you found a solution.

More
14 years 2 months ago #83631 by Tommaso Patrizi
Replied by Tommaso Patrizi on topic Item View set to Public but requires registration
Same problem here!

Did you find a better workaround than recreating the category?

More
13 years 10 months ago #83632 by Simon Olsen
Replied by Simon Olsen on topic Item View set to Public but requires registration
Still nothing better than to trash the category and create a new one?

Our website is massive, with a lot of categories and media, displaying in many modules. It's very difficult to monitor all the media adding to our website and we usually have visitors/users letting us know when links require login, which is a little embarrassing.

Really need to find out why this is happening.

More
13 years 10 months ago #83633 by NosyWeb
This problem is my solution !

I want to show intro text and subscribe to read more with only one specific category.

Some ideas ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #83634 by Simon Olsen
Replied by Simon Olsen on topic Item View set to Public but requires registration
There is a solution for you actually. You need to get RSMembership from RSJoomla. Costs a bit, but it's the best component out there (believe me, I used three others before this one. It's worth the cash). I've just integrated it and K2 onto one of my sites GotSpecials.com.au. This is so you can accept paid membership. It's the best component out there.

The only shortfall is that RSMembership doesn't add registered users to a K2 User Group automatically, so you won't be able to have registered users Add K2 Items without some hacking or manual labour.

Jean-Charles GAUTARD said:This problem is my solution !
I want to show intro text and subscribe to read more with only one specific category.

Some ideas ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #83635 by Simon Olsen
Now can someone fix MY problem??? This thread is old as!