Keyword

Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #83651 by Different Color
I'm trying to move my website to Rochen Host and it's up - but the content is all gone..  All I see is the styles and titles and menus and modules... but no actual content. berkeley.directrouter.com/~villagecWhat the heck?  What could be causing this?  How do I start troubleshooting?  martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #83652 by troponin
Any failure Meassages while installing the sql on the new host ?

Where is your template from ? and are all settings the same as before ? -- looks like the Option "Show mainbody on frontpage" is set to disabled.

Is the Content in the db ?
Server Settings the same ?

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #83653 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!
The template is JoomlaShack.

The front page is not meant to show any content - and other than the Top header module that pulls K2 featured content, it looks fine.

All my Joomla Article content is displaying fine. It seems to be ONLY missing the K2 Item content. (which is the entire website, really).

The news articles all have their titles displayed - the K2 tools module seems to be working fine... but the actual article is empty when I look at it!

I see the content in the DB - when I checked the tables for K2 Items... I see full content stuff.

I don't know about the server settings. I'm moving it from GoDaddy to Rochen - to try to speed it up! So this is ironic... ugh!

More
14 years 4 months ago #83654 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!
"I see the content in the DB - when I checked the tables for K2 Items... I see full content stuff."
Are you using phpmyadmin to look for the data?
Did you use JoomPack or similar to transfer the site?
Did you create the same database user as when you first set up the site - (probably so becasue you say joomla articles load

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #83655 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!
Yes - I used PHPmyadmin...

I fixed my configuration file to point to the new database - and it must be working since the whole site is good (events and classifieds and joomla articles) but just not K2...

I took a sql file of the original database and imported it into a new database using phpmyadmin on the new host. That's how I should do it, right?

I didn't use a backup utility - because I just copied all the files from the old site to my local drive and moved them over to the new site. Then I updated the configuration file for the new host and database. I've moved a few sites and this has worked in the past - I think it's basically the way I would do it even if I used a backup utility, right?

Did I skip something? I did upgrade K2 to 2.2 shortly before I took all the files and database to the new host.

Does someone want to take a look at it? Even for some nominal fee? It's a small community organization, so there's not much of a budget, but we REALLY need this site working to maintain the newspaper!

martha

William White said:"I see the content in the DB - when I checked the tables for K2 Items... I see full content stuff." Are you using phpmyadmin to look for the data?
Did you use JoomPack or similar to transfer the site?
Did you create the same database user as when you first set up the site - (probably so becasue you say joomla articles load

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #83656 by Different Color
the weird thing is - and I'm sure this is a symptom of the problem... the K2 tools module and stuff has different styling then the module on the Live site on my old hosting account. I'm doing a fresh transfer of all the Component/module files to make sure the data matches the database... but I'm not confident that will really solve the problem.

Martha Moody said:Yes - I used PHPmyadmin...
I fixed my configuration file to point to the new database - and it must be working since the whole site is good (events and classifieds and joomla articles) but just not K2...

I took a sql file of the original database and imported it into a new database using phpmyadmin on the new host. That's how I should do it, right?

I didn't use a backup utility - because I just copied all the files from the old site to my local drive and moved them over to the new site. Then I updated the configuration file for the new host and database. I've moved a few sites and this has worked in the past - I think it's basically the way I would do it even if I used a backup utility, right?

Did I skip something? I did upgrade K2 to 2.2 shortly before I took all the files and database to the new host.

Does someone want to take a look at it? Even for some nominal fee? It's a small community organization, so there's not much of a budget, but we REALLY need this site working to maintain the newspaper!

martha

William White said:"I see the content in the DB - when I checked the tables for K2 Items... I see full content stuff." Are you using phpmyadmin to look for the data? Did you use JoomPack or similar to transfer the site?

More
14 years 4 months ago #83657 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!
If you select categories - obituaries, i assume (maby incorrectly) that this would be a k2 category list
It shows up with (8) items but they are not listed
Could this be something wrong with the category view of the items or their inheritance?
please approve my friend request, pm me your email and a temporary uname and pword for backend
wjwjr

More
14 years 4 months ago #83658 by troponin
not sure but do you use SEF in one installation and in the other not ?

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 months ago #83659 by Different Color
I did change the NEW (broken) installation to NO SEF because it's on that tempoary URL and I was told SEF wouldn't work with it. I changed it through the configuration file.

I just changed it back - but the homepage featured article content is still blank, which makes me assume there is still a problem.

UGH.

martha

More
14 years 4 months ago #83660 by Make Good MEdia
Replied by Make Good MEdia on topic Moving my website and my K2 content is not showing up!
Oh common, Clear the cache!