Keyword

Problem with RSS feed when joomla sef on

More
14 years 3 months ago #83950 by Vinod
Hello there, I am setting up a website with K2 V2.2 and really like all the functions K2 provide. Unfortunately
i am having problem with setting up RSS feeds. after reading through
different post in forum i still cant get it work. my problem is when joomla default Sef is on the Rss feed do not work, i click on Rss icon on any category nothing happens.if i disable default Joomla  SEF feed works. with SEF OFF my url is like this: www.mywebsite.com/index.php?option\x3dcom_k2\x26view\x3ditemlist\x26task\x3dcategory\x26id\x3d2%3Aweb-design-tutorials\x26format\x3dfeedwhich is not like other URL posted through forum. is there somthing worng with my setup ? / server setting ?thanks for your help Vinod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #83951 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Problem with RSS feed when joomla sef on
Are you using mod_rewrite?

I use both Joomla standard SEF (as recommended by Fotis himself) and mod_rewrite.
My mod_rewrite is simply the default htaccess.txt renamed to .htaccess, again following instructions from Fotis.

All sites I have done so far all have functioning RSS.
Of course, pretty URLs may not be to everyones liking, but then thats what the rewrite function can assist with.

Regards,

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 3 months ago #83952 by Vinod
Replied by Vinod on topic Problem with RSS feed when joomla sef on
Hello Simon I don't know why it was not working,

yes i use mod_rewrite and default Joomla! SEF, after lots of trial and testing with different database/ clean install etc. I finally made it work, unfortunately i couldn't found where was the problem.

anyway thanks for your help.

Vinod