Keyword

How to change K2 component permission?

More
14 years 3 months ago #84060 by W.K.
Hello....

I'm very new to K2 and still in beginner learning curve. Could anyone explain how to change K2 permission (Chmod)? I have been trying without success, it shows something like "CHMOD 777 com_k2: Operation not permitted"

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84061 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to change K2 component permission?
Why do you need to changes permissions?
You shouldn't need to change any.

What is the problem that you are having?

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 3 months ago #84062 by W.K.
Replied by W.K. on topic How to change K2 component permission?
Hi Simon, thanks for your response. Well, I want to delete the text "children category" and have searched the forum and found that we need to remove the line "{h3} div class="itemListSubCategories">{/h3}" in category.php file in "components/com_k2/templates/default".

What I actually did was downloading the category.php file using FileZilla, then removed the line. When I tried to upload it back to the server, it failed. Only here that I guess I might need to change the CHMOD permission before I can upload it back(?)

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Why do you need to changes permissions?You shouldn't need to change any.What is the problem that you are having?SimonK2 Support

More
13 years 9 months ago #84063 by BN
Is it possible for me to change item.php file in [ com_k2/models/item.php ]?  Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

Why do you need to changes permissions? You shouldn't need to change any. What is the problem that you are having? Simon K2 Support