Keyword

UL Bullet Point Issues with K2

• chris stewart
  • chris stewart's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 months ago #84154 by chris stewart
UL Bullet Point Issues with K2 was created by chris stewart
Can someone help guide me on an issue I am having with stray bullect points showing up in my k2 stuff?? See enclosed screen shot.

Link to page: tinyurl.com/24vvuj3I guess my question is, do I need to start editing the template code or the css for k2.. Your help or suggestions would are appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84155 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic UL Bullet Point Issues with K2
The attached screen shot is of the Joomlashack review of K2 of version 1.X you can see too they had the bullet point issue.
I too have the issue above - any CCS code out there to fix it?
I can tell the main CSS not to use graphics on bullet points but I don't know how to do this to over ride the template CCS with K2
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #84156 by Railer
Replied by Railer on topic UL Bullet Point Issues with K2
Since this was posted awhile ago, I hope you already found the solution. If not, here is what worked for me.

K2's use of ul and li styles conflicts with many template.css stylesheets ul li formatting. I'm using Joomlart.com's JA Lead template, which uses a small blue square bullet for unordered list items.

To fix that I needed to find out which stylesheet class was affected and add "background:none;" to it in the k2.css file in the component's css directory.

For me, the unwanted bullets were showing up in my Print and Email viral links, and in my Tags.

To fix the viral links I added background:none; to:
div.itemToolbar ul li

To fix the Tags links I added background:none; to:
div.itemTagsBlock ul.itemTags li

I think you would have to do something similar in the class(es) for your problem, i.e., itemRatingList li

Hope this helped,
railer

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/weird-bullets-in-k2?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A70811

More
13 years 3 months ago #84157 by John
Replied by John on topic UL Bullet Point Issues with K2
Hi guys, appreciate that this is a bit of an old thread but has anyone come up with a solution to this? I'm having the same problem using a Joomlart template: www.swaysearch.com/blog - I fixed the bullet point issue on the tags but can't get rid of them on the ratings. If I add the background: none using Firebug all I get rid of are the stars themselves.

All other solutions seem to relate to the template.css itself which will remove the graphical bullets from the rest of the site - not a viable solution.

Any ideas?

Cheers

John

www.swaysearch.com

More
13 years 3 months ago #84158 by Ehm Dee
Replied by Ehm Dee on topic UL Bullet Point Issues with K2
Exactly my problem too Jonski, as a temporary solution, I've removed them throughout, but I'll keep on searching either this week / next week for a solution, but it's surely not obvious.

I'll keep you posted if I find something (or not).

Ehm

More
13 years 3 months ago #84159 by John
Replied by John on topic UL Bullet Point Issues with K2
Hey thanks Ehm, likewise.... there must be a solution out there somewhere.

Cheers

John

More
10 years 6 months ago #84160 by John Morris
Replied by John Morris on topic Re: UL Bullet Point Issues with K2
Old thread indeed, I am having the same issues with no luck in figuring it out, help! :)