Keyword

Category view and Item view

• Elaine Lombardo
  • Elaine Lombardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84264 by Elaine Lombardo
Category view and Item view was created by Elaine Lombardo
Hi - just started playing around with K2 and so far have been enjoying it very much.
I'm working on a portfolio area for my site. I'd like to use Rokbox as my image gallery, and I can add the code in the k2 article with no issues, all works fine. I've set up a menu item for category view to display all works under the tag "print". However, for the category view, I'd like to use an image, and in the item view, it'd like to use the rokbox. Right now I only have the rokbox and no item image since I didn't want both appearing, but that means that my category view has the rokbox and I don't want visitors clicking on that - I want them to have to click on the more info so they can read the full descriptions with benefit of the extra fields I've set up.

Is there a way to have the item image listed in the category view, but the item view have only the rokbox I've embedded in the article?

As an alternative, could I possibly show everything in the category view without visitors having to click on the more info? So the article and extra fields all show up for each item tagged in that category?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elaine Lombardo
More
14 years 3 months ago #84265 by Elaine Lombardo
Replied by Elaine Lombardo on topic Category view and Item view
Well I figured out how to have everything show on the category view so that right now helps but if anyone can answer the first category view question I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #84266 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Category view and Item view
Is your portfolio extension pulling k2 items?

• Elaine Lombardo
More
14 years 3 months ago #84267 by Elaine Lombardo
Hi. Well I'm not sure what you mean by that, sorry. I have the items set up in K2 if that's what you mean...

William White said:Is your portfolio extension pulling k2 items?

More
14 years 3 months ago #84268 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic Category view and Item view
Just disable the Image in the item View !

Elaine Lombardo said:Is there a way to have the item image listed in the category view, but the item view have only the rokbox I've embedded in the article?

• Elaine Lombardo
More
14 years 3 months ago #84269 by Elaine Lombardo
Ok I'll try that, but how can I disable the reference to the rokbox in the category view? I'd need to do that, too.

**UPDATE** GOT IT!! That was perfect! I disabled the image in the item view, and then disabled the introtext and extra fields from the tag list view in the preferences. Genius! Exactly what I had wanted all along! Thank you so much everyone, for your help - William and Troponin, I appreciate it! :)

Troponin said:Just disable the Image in the item View ! Elaine Lombardo said:Is there a way to have the item image listed in the category view, but the item view have only the rokbox I've embedded in the article?