Keyword

Displaying items by tag

• Daniel Sørensen
  • Daniel Sørensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84270 by Daniel Sørensen
Displaying items by tag was created by Daniel Sørensen
I hope im posting the right place.Well when im "Displaying items by tag" i get a RSS icon at the top right corner and i cant hide it, i have been looking in the Parameters but i cant seem to find the hide button for the RSS icon.Help...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #84271 by jeffreyd00
Replied by jeffreyd00 on topic Displaying items by tag
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a tag menu item and despite selecting to hide it, it still shows. further, the rss feed invalid/empty

More
13 years 4 months ago #84272 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Displaying items by tag
Hi,

First check that in your k2 parameters in the -> Layout & view options for user (author) pages

The Rss feed icon is set to "Hide"

If you refresh you page and it still doesn't hide the icon then you might need to clear your cache, perhaps do a global checkin then refresh your tag page again (shift+refresh)

More
13 years 4 months ago #84273 by jeffreyd00
thank you for the suggestions

More
13 years 4 months ago #84274 by Josh
Did that work? You could also remove the below code from your generic.php however then you will not be able to use the rss feed on other pages using generic.php

The code to remove:

<?php if($this->params->get('userFeed')): ?>  <!-- RSS feed icon -->  <div class="k2FeedIcon"> <a href="<?php echo $this->feed; ?>" title="<?php echo JText::_('Subscribe to this RSS feed'); ?>"> <span><?php echo JText::_('Subscribe to this RSS feed'); ?></span> </a>    <div class="clr"></div>  </div>  <?php endif; ?>

More
13 years 4 months ago #84275 by jeffreyd00
Well.. the rss started working, so i am just gonna go with that. I will say however that you saved me a ton of grief with an other issue. Tag cloud, was not loading in most recent order. Your little hint of looking in that part of preferences fixed it for me so thumbs up to you!

More
13 years 4 months ago #84276 by Josh
Glad to hear it