Keyword

I'm just trying to add a png watermark on image upload

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #84332 by Andreus Primulus
Replied by Andreus Primulus on topic Re: I'm just trying to add a png watermark on image upload
Hello.

Regarding adding watermarks in product gallery, I had the very same problem - i.e. nothing worked.

So after a few frustrating hours I figured it's the permissions problem. Joomla utilizes 2 users - the httpd user and the ftp user. I also switched to plain gd and built-in php file handling. I somewhat modified a script i've found online - now it all works (for me at least). The idea is to create a temp folder for output images with php (httpd user), then do the necessary operations with joomla JFolder class (ftp user).

In '/administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php' right after these lines:

More
10 years 8 months ago #84333 by Eugen
Hi,
I tried both options which were stated here and it doesnt work. Pictures in gallery are without watermark. Pictures in K2 are with watermark so this is ok.
I have J3 and k2 2.67. Might be something else needs to be done?
Thanks for any help to get watermark on SIG PRO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #84334 by Yiota
I'm afraid that for SIG Pro support you will have to open a ticket to JoomlaWorks ticketing system www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard/tickets

Since you are using Joomla! 3 you might want to consider updating your K2 version to DEV 2.6.8 from getk2.org/assets/get/

More
10 years 8 months ago #84335 by Eugen

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: I'm afraid that for SIG Pro support you will have to open a ticket to JoomlaWorks ticketing system www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard/tickets

Since you are using Joomla! 3 you might want to consider updating your K2 version to DEV 2.6.8 from getk2.org/assets/get/

Thanks for suggestion, but this update will help in someway with my problem with watermarks?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #84336 by Yiota
The JoomlaWorks team will help you with the watermark issue. Try to open a ticket as I suggested.

The K2 update is suggested for Joomla! 3.2 version since it solves some compatibility issues.

More
10 years 8 months ago #84337 by Eugen

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: The JoomlaWorks team will help you with the watermark issue. Try to open a ticket as I suggested.

Well, I did, and help from them( same Yiota) was: I'm afraid that you can't. The watermark should be embedded to the images you upload in order to exist when someone chooses to download them either with the download link in the popup or a right click.

Wow, great support! Same answer as in 2010.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #84338 by Yiota
I'm sorry about that.

More
10 years 8 months ago #84339 by Mohsen Babaei
I cant find that code in components/com_k2/models/item.php
why? can anyone help me?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #84340 by Yiota
The path mentioned is administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php, not just components/com_k2/models/....

The code starts in line 624.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #84341 by felipe
How could i use this code with the main item image?

Thanks!