Keyword

Item scheduled for later publication disappears

• Mats Arvendal
  • Mats Arvendal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84347 by Mats Arvendal
An item is not editable when a frontend editor sets a later publishing date. It doesn't display in "My page". The item is listed at the backend though, but that makes it editable for administrators only. Bug or something I do wrong?

Rgds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84348 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Item scheduled for later publication disappears
I think the publish date means show from the front end as of this date and after like the rest of Joomla. You will probably have to five authors a back end login to edit thinks they cannot see in the front end.

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84349 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Item scheduled for later publication disappears
OK, thanks for the advice, but how do I setup admin rights in backend so each editor only may change the K2 categories I have assigned to them and not all K2 items?
Rgds

William White said:I think the publish date means show from the front end as of this date and after like the rest of Joomla. You will probably have to five authors a back end login to edit thinks they cannot see in the front end.

• Mats Arvendal
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84350 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Item scheduled for later publication disappears
Just to clarify: when users are allowed to manage articles in backend, they get total access to all articles. That's what I have found when I tried this way of solving the problem. And this will not be a safe solution when you have several editors that work with specific categories.

Rgds

More
13 years 7 months ago #84351 by Paul Mozingo
Replied by Paul Mozingo on topic Item scheduled for later publication disappears
It would be helpful if even scheduled, but as-yet-unpublished, items appeared in context on the web site and could be selected for editing. Maybe they could be displayed in a different color, as unpublished items are on "My Page". Even if they can't be accessed in-context, they should be shown on "My Page". The beauty of front-end editing is that you can allow less-experienced clients the ability to maintain their own content in a simplified interface. Giving them access to the Joomla back-end is just a non-starter for many reasons, but the inability to edit scheduled items seriously degrades the value of front-end editing.