Keyword

how to change k2.css - remove "back to top" link

• Herbert Josefus
  • Herbert Josefus's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84360 by Herbert Josefus
how to change k2.css - remove "back to top" link was created by Herbert Josefus
Hi,I want to remove the "back to top" button at the endof each article.Here it sais it can be removed in the css. community.getk2.org/forum/topics/where-to-remove-back-to-topI cannot change k2.css. My ftp always sais "550 k2.css: Permission denied".How can I change this, that I can modify the k2.css to remove the "back to top" link?Thanks and best regardsHerbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Herbert Josefus
More
14 years 3 months ago #84361 by Herbert Josefus
Replied by Herbert Josefus on topic how to change k2.css - remove "back to top" link
nobody can help me? :-(

More
14 years 3 months ago #84362 by william white
Replied by william white on topic how to change k2.css - remove "back to top" link
If your using ftp, and getting permission denied, try changing the permissions of the folder the file is residing in temporarly at least while you make edits. Most hosting control panels have a file manager that will allow you to even change the permissions of the single file you are editing so as to get access.

If you want this change to be system wide go ahead and edit the K2.css file, remember it will probably be overwritten when you upgrade or reinstall.

A better way would be to use k2 sub template along with css4k2 and make the override there by adding the
.itemBackToTop{ display:none }
there and then you can do two things, use it selectively and it wont get overwritten later.

• Herbert Josefus
More
14 years 3 months ago #84363 by Herbert Josefus
Replied by Herbert Josefus on topic how to change k2.css - remove "back to top" link
@russianstrike: I think firebug is not a solution here. I know where I have to do the changes, but I don't have any permission at the moment.

@William White: I tried to change the permissions of the folder and of the single file and I got the error "550 CHMOD 777 item.php: Operation not permitted". Do you think it helps if I contact my hoster to give me the rights?

What do you execately mean with using the K2 sub template? I don't get that point.

Thanks and best regards
Herbert

More
14 years 3 months ago #84364 by william white
Replied by william white on topic how to change k2.css - remove "back to top" link
Read here community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2
and here
simon.getk2.org/k2-documents/item/91-templating
about k2 subtemplating

Do you cpanel or ssh access?

• Herbert Josefus
More
14 years 2 months ago #84365 by Herbert Josefus
Thanks! But so much effort, just for removing the "back to top" button???
Is there no simpler solution? If I have to take these steps, I will turn of K2 before I really started...

regards
Herbert

William White said:Read here community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2 and here
simon.getk2.org/k2-documents/item/91-templating
about k2 subtemplating

Do you cpanel or ssh access?

More
14 years 2 months ago #84366 by william white
Try to edit style.css
probably a css file in your active template
search for div.itemBackToTop around line 258
add display: none; to it
If you are talking about the site in your profile this should work.
If you have permission problems this will not be a k2 issue but will have to be changed thru cpanel, ftp, or shell access

• Herbert Josefus
More
14 years 2 months ago #84367 by Herbert Josefus
ok, now it worked. First I had to change the owner of the file direct on my webserver, not via an ftp programm. After changing the owner, I was able to change to rights also directly on my webserver, not via ftp.

Thanks and best regards
Herbert