Keyword

Blank page issue

• Rodotheos Dovilus
  • Rodotheos Dovilus's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84406 by Rodotheos Dovilus
Blank page issue was created by Rodotheos Dovilus
Hi guys,I'm new with K2 and after first testing I faced the following situation...when I click on any K2 menu link I get a blank page with no code at all.I have checked the forum for related posts but none of them seems to help me solve my problem.Any help?please!Theo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84407 by Petri Niemelä
Replied by Petri Niemelä on topic Blank page issue
Hi,
Actually, I have similar problem. I installed K2 on a joomla 1.5 system (actually joomla 1.5.15 to be exact) for a blog page. It worked fine on our development server, but when we transferred the files and databases to our public server, the K2 User Page (blog) shows only blank page, when clicked... However the joomla website works otherwise normally, as it should. Could you please help us, and advice why this is so...?

Thanks in advance,
Petri N.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84408 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank page issue
Try turning error reporting to highest setting in Joomla Global settings and see if it will generate an error, could point you in the right direction.

• Rodotheos Dovilus
  • Rodotheos Dovilus's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84409 by Rodotheos Dovilus
Replied by Rodotheos Dovilus on topic Blank page issue
William I have done this but I still get nothing on the page. No error messages at all.

William White said:Try turning error reporting to highest setting in Joomla Global settings and see if it will generate an error, could point you in the right direction.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84410 by Petri Niemelä
I tried too, but couldnt get anything usefull. When I clicked the blog, and it comes white screen, it doesnt show any info. Only when I'm on the mainpage, it shows some info below the page, which is not part of the K2 component...

William White said:Try turning error reporting to highest setting in Joomla Global settings and see if it will generate an error, could point you in the right direction.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 2 months ago #84411 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Blank page issue
Also, I have seen this on my own XAMPP installation with the default PHP memory setting of 8M. I increased the setting in php.ini (or php5.ini) to 32M and this resolved the issue with blank pages on certain pages with lots of PHP scripting runnung.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #84412 by Petri Niemelä
Thanks. I found out by googling that the exact line is "php_value memory_limit 16M" that you have to add to your site's .htaccess -file. Now it works for me too!
So, actually you dont even have to contact your service provider, if you have ftp access!
Just edit the .htaccess -file !

More
13 years 5 months ago #84413 by patrick harris
Replied by patrick harris on topic Blank page issue
I have this same issue, All my links to k2 content comes up as a blank white page with body tags and no content at all.

I added the line to my .htaccess and I now get an internal server error...

Any Ideas?

could someone explain more about what is causing the problem?

Thanks

More
13 years 5 months ago #84414 by patrick harris
Replied by patrick harris on topic Blank page issue
I fixed it, I had to change the memory through the php.ini file. I also switched from php 4 to 5... I think that was actually what did it because when I first changed the memory it didn't work.

patrick harris said:
I have this same issue, All my links to k2 content comes up as a blank white page with body tags and no content at all.

I added the line to my .htaccess and I now get an internal server error...

Any Ideas?

could someone explain more about what is causing the problem?

Thanks