Keyword

Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form?

• sigpro_firsttry
  • sigpro_firsttry's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84421 by sigpro_firsttry
Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form? was created by sigpro_firsttry
Dear Simon, dear Forum members,is there any way to use an alternative form generator (like Chronoforms or BlueFlame) instead of the standard K2 form.- We would be more flexible in terms of design.- We could avoid the standard popup.- We could have a clean Item-Creation-page without the standard Joomla editor.The Form should also handle image-file/media upload.Thanks to all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84422 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form?
Chronoforms is meant to create forms, it is not suitable to create K2 items.

You can still use Chrono to create forms and add as normal, but would need considerable hacking to use it as a replacement.
This would be something to add to the feature request forum, but, I dont think it would be considered as its not suitable.

Remember, your not creating forms, but content instead.

Simon
K2 Support
Check simon.getk2.orgfor handy K2 guides

• sigpro_firsttry
More
14 years 3 months ago #84423 by sigpro_firsttry
Replied by sigpro_firsttry on topic Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form?
Hi Simon,

thanks for your answer. Yes you are right in some terms. But we currently tried BreezingForms which is able to write the submitted form values into any db table. That would suit most of the frontend user´s needs.
Unfortunately the edit/remove options in frontend aren´t perfect yet. But it is really worth a look.

You get a lot of desired features like flash uploader, very flexible field validation or multi page layouts.

But what it really makes it nice is the ability to NOT use the joomla-standard editors.

I don´t know. I think K2 should have a closer look at the frontend submission form as (for me) it looks to geeky.

Best regards!

More
13 years 9 months ago #84424 by atherton2008
Replied by atherton2008 on topic Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form?
Glad I found this thread as I was about to post the same request/comment. I'd like to use K2 for group blogging, but my users are amateurs, not CMS geeks, and using the administrator's Add Item form for the front-end gives my users too much control and too many confusing and unnecessary options.

I'd like to be able to use an alternative, simpler form for submitting data to the K2 tables. Is this practical to achieve?

• sigpro_firsttry
More
13 years 9 months ago #84425 by sigpro_firsttry
Replied by sigpro_firsttry on topic Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form?
Hi,

you should try both (breezingforms and chronoforms). I think both are now able to manage the submitted items (form-contents) in frontend.

More
13 years 7 months ago #84426 by Next Wave, Inc.
Replied by Next Wave, Inc. on topic Replacement for standard K2 "Add Item" form?
I am using ChronoForms 3.2, and see very little indication that any bridge exists.  I see that someone says he's adding K2 items, but that maybe the upload fields don't store correctly?   I am looking into this on their forum.