Keyword

K2 Search Plugin extended with category search

• esedic
  • esedic's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84583 by esedic
Hi!There is some debate already going on in the forums about K2 search plugin not searching in the category titles and/or description.Some people see category functionality only for content structuring while all content (text, images...) should be in the items.But categories could also be menu links, containing important keywords. Also category description can contain relevant information.So we played with a code a little bit and here is K2 search plugin, which also searches in the category title and description! :)We used latest K2 search plugin from the SVN repository, so test it first and don't forget to backup original files before overwriting!You can download it here: Izdelava spletnih strani JoomlaSite is in slovenian language, use Google Translation tool, otherwise look for this text:Priloge: K2 Search Plugin ExtendedIf you are satisfied with a plugin, we would appreciated a small donation.Regards, Elvis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84584 by FeSys
Thank you "Elvis"
This is really handy updates..
I'll give it a try.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84585 by fresco
Hi Elvis, great work!
Did anybody test it with version 2.3?

More
13 years 10 months ago #84586 by Stephanie
Replied by Stephanie on topic K2 Search Plugin extended with category search
Hi,

Thank you for this hack,
but i am using an old version of the K2 search that doesn't have the bug of not being able to search in tags.
I got it from this link: code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/browse/#svn/trunk/K2/pl
as discussed in this thread:
community.getk2.org/xn/detail/3536014:Topic:36655

any help would be appreciated,
Regards

More
13 years 5 months ago #84587 by stavroch
Replied by stavroch on topic K2 Search Plugin extended with category search
I am using K2 v2.4.1 and the mod_search search only through the items and it doesn't search through the category titles and category descriptions.