Keyword

Moving articles/items between Jomla core and K2

• Petra Klein
  • Petra Klein's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84676 by Petra Klein
Hello,I've been using K2 for about 2 weeks now, and more I learn, more I love it. I also have a bunch of questions, I haven't found an answer/ solution yet.My most pressing issue is moving content between Joomla! core and K2, something that I have to do on a regular basis. I haven't found out how to move articles from Joomla!  article manager to K2 for, or to move all articles from one category to a specified category into K2 for example, and not everything as it does with the 'import Joomla! content' option. And how would I move items created in K2, into a Joomla! Section/Category?Thanks a lot for any help!!Petra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84677 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Moving articles/items between Jomla core and K2
Unless there are options i havent seen, K2 doesnt do this.
It will import all your articles
and
all of your sections as master categories so to speak
and
categories as k2 subcategories

Use either Joomla articles or K2 items. Many port articles to items and then use only k2 items.

• Petra Klein
More
14 years 3 months ago #84678 by Petra Klein
Replied by Petra Klein on topic Moving articles/items between Jomla core and K2
Hi William - I haven't found this option either - but, I just can't imagine that this is not possible. There must be a way, after the initial import of Joomla content to import partial content. May be a plug in?

William White said:Unless there are options i havent seen, K2 doesnt do this. It will import all your articles
and
all of your sections as master categories so to speak
and
categories as k2 subcategories

Use either Joomla articles or K2 items. Many port articles to items and then use only k2 items.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84679 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Moving articles/items between Jomla core and K2
A way might be to use an extension for Joomla to export to csv or xls and then search this forum to import from csv file
This is only one way joomla - k2 but may help

• Petra Klein
More
14 years 3 months ago #84680 by Petra Klein
Replied by Petra Klein on topic Moving articles/items between Jomla core and K2
Thanks again William.

Do you know where the next version of K2 stands on this and if so when it's to be expected "stable"? Are you a developer? this is an important issue for me as we have authors submitting articles and the K2 front end submit items is buggy and also has no mega tags ...so I will have continuously to transfer articles from Joomla core to K2.

Thanks - Petra

William White said:A way might be to use an extension for Joomla to export to csv or xls and then search this forum to import from csv file This is only one way joomla - k2 but may help

More
14 years 3 months ago #84681 by william white
See PM

Petra Klein said:Thanks again William.
Do you know where the next version of K2 stands on this and if so when it's to be expected "stable"? Are you a developer? this is an important issue for me as we have authors submitting articles and the K2 front end submit items is buggy and also has no mega tags ...so I will have continuously to transfer articles from Joomla core to K2.

Thanks - Petra

William White said:A way might be to use an extension for Joomla to export to csv or xls and then search this forum to import from csv file This is only one way joomla - k2 but may help