Keyword

Is K2 right for my club site?

• Benny Vermeulen
  • Benny Vermeulen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84714 by Benny Vermeulen
Is K2 right for my club site? was created by Benny Vermeulen
Hello
I'm currently moving over my wordpress/smf combo to another server. Once that is over I want to try something new and slick.

Right now, Wordpress and SMF aren't linked together.

I understand that there are ways to bridge Joomla and SMF so that the usernames etc will be the same (i need to import the users from SMF to Joomla, since all the users are on the forum).

How well would this work integrated with K2? Would it cause any troubles?

And, in all honesty, would you recommend using K2 for a Vespa (scooter club)?

Idealy I would want to integrate everything into one rich media experiance (don't we all?)

But the main things would be:

- An easy to use gallery (albums with different sections, some nice effects, ...)
- A good solid forum (doesn't need to be SMF, but I need to be able to import the posts and data, and will need to keep stuff like 'hidden forums' for the moderators and special usergroups etc...)
- Stuff like twitter integration etc would be nice, but i've seen various plug ins that do that, so that should go fine...

So main points are: forum integration without using data, gallery and loads of pretty stuff :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84715 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Is K2 right for my club site?
If you can gets users imported to the Joomla core then they can then be imported in to K2.

Of course, I would recommend K2 for any type of site, its being used worldwide by 10,000 of sites and new ones added every day.

Your wish list.
Gallery - Yes with SIG Pro
Forum - Take you pick, i prefer Kunena, or theres phpbb these are separate to K2.
Twitter Integration - Got it, plus other social shares too. If you looking to display tweets, thats not a problem that is generic to Joomla and plenty of extensions exist.

I am a joomlabamboo freak. They have plenty of cool extensions that also support K2, plus a range of K2 ready templates.
Support is great too.

Simon
K2 Support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.