Keyword

Importing from content to K2_items table is huge

More
14 years 3 months ago #84730 by Bono
Hi, I'm trying to import jos_contant which is 74MB big and has close to 20K records to K2. When imported into K2, jos_k2_items tables has 192 250 and it is 1.2GB big.Why is imported K2 table so huge, I can't put in production site which has so huge table because this site has many visitors and this could potentially kill this site.I have tried to import twice content to K2 and both times I get duplicates, does anybody knows why importer is making duplicates and how to fix it?Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84731 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Importing from content to K2_items table is huge
Only click import once. Each time it creates categories and items.
You should empty the file and start over again or delete the copies manually from the k2 tables
To keep things strait you probably should empty the tables and reimport them.
If you get duplicates on the first try at importing you must have something in your article table that is causing it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84732 by Bono
OK, thanks last time I imported my site was quite busy, maybe this time everything will be OK. I will update this topic in few hours how it went.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84733 by Bono
I managed to convert without any duplicates, it looks like load was too high so it needed to retry all the time, that's why there were duplicates.