Keyword

Change paragraph spacing on frontpage?

More
14 years 3 months ago #84752 by DAE
I am trying to tighten up the look of the K2 on the frontpage.  Which file do I edit the code to tighten up the paragraph spacing?  I've been looking/fiddling for hours.  I want to bring the "read more" text up closer to the intro text.  In general, tighten up the look.  Example below.  Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84753 by DAE
Replied by DAE on topic Change paragraph spacing on frontpage?
Can at least someone help me?

I need to know which specific php file will control the spacing above and blow the "read more" text.

More
14 years 1 month ago #84754 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Change paragraph spacing on frontpage?
DAE,
I'm going to try and answer you as diplomatically as possible, since I see you are now in full scale retreat from K2. First of all, I have no vested interest in trying to convince you of anything -- like you I stumbled upon K2, however in my case, it has turned out to be an invaluable piece of a recent website project, and one that provided much needed features that if not for K2 would have probably required the authoring of a custom plugin from scratch.

I don't know exactly where things jumped the track, but respectfully I feel someone needs to explain to you that your problems originate in your own lack of experience and understanding of how websites work, and nowhere is this illustrated more than in this question.

The spacing you allude to is controlled by styles in .css files. The only reason you would need to customize the K2 default .php views is if you needed to change the order of items.

Again, I'm not here to kick you while your down, and the best advice I can offer you is to use what pretty much every knowledgable web developer is using these days to help understand what stylesheets and styles are being employed -- and that is the amazing firebug plugin for firefox. You could have used it's "inspect this element" feature to find out what styles were being used for any of the elements you were talking about. Whether or not you use K2, the underlying mechanics of the web and Joomla itself will necessitate a basic understanding of these things, and hopefully alleviate some of your frustration.

I've been doing web development for -- well longer than I'd like to admit, and K2 is one of the best and longest overdue plugins to arrive for Joomla. I'm sure it will get better, as time goes on. If it doesn't provide you things you absolutely need, like nested categories, tags and custom fields, then I can understand going back to vanilla Joomla. Although I haven't tried this myself, I suspect the easiest way to move K2 items into the Joomla article table would be involve nothing more than a relatively simple INSERT INTO ... SELECT query.

Best of luck with your project.

DAE said:Can at least someone help me?
I need to know which specific php file will control the spacing above and blow the "read more" text.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #84755 by Ali Ghasemi
Replied by Ali Ghasemi on topic Re: Change paragraph spacing on frontpage?
( Using : Joomla 2.5.9 & K2 2.6.5 )
I don't know exactly what css code you should use to tighten up paragraph spacing.

But you must edit this file :

/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

Just find these codes in that page :