Keyword

K2 categories not translated by joomfish. Maybe a bug...

• nulele
  • nulele's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84893 by nulele
Hi,I've developed my first website with K2 but I found a problem in the categories translation by joomfish.

My website is a two language catalog (italian as default and english). In the right side of the page there's a mod_k2_tools module that shows all categories in a list menu and in the homepage main content I have a grid of boxes that represent the first category level of K2 catalog.
The problem is that the K2 module translation works perfectly while the main content remains in the default language. Also the K2 breadcrumbs module works fine.
I can't understand why... the translation base is the same: in the joomfish translation tab I only have K2_categories where everything is well translated.

In the attached image you can see the problem.

Any idea?

Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nulele
More
14 years 3 months ago #84894 by nulele
UPDATE: I've upgraded to K2 v2.2 but the problem still remains...

• nulele
More
14 years 3 months ago #84895 by nulele
UPDATE: I've solved by reinstalling K2...

• nulele
More
14 years 3 months ago #84896 by nulele
It's happened again!!
Again categories titles are not translated into english (the second language of my site).
I've wasted 4 work hours searching for the f***ing problem and finally I found it.
I think it's a bug or at least something that doesn't work as expected.
In the category add/edit page --> right column --> category view options --> sub-category order.
Well, if this option is set to alphabetical order, the category titles second language is not translated... this is crazy!!!

I'd appreciate if someone else could try this to confirm the problem as I wasted many hours and a part of sanity :(
I'm using J! 1.5.18, K2 v2.2 and joomfish 2.04

Thank you

More
14 years 2 months ago #84897 by ruigato
wen i translate a category menu the the category presets are gone. Cant use K2 this way.

Can someone help?

More
13 years 9 months ago #84898 by tasos26t
I have actually encountered the same problem you faced and I am not able to find a solution for this. Hopefully someone has an answer on this?

nulele said:It's happened again!!Again categories titles are not translated into english (the second language of my site).I've wasted 4 work hours searching for the f***ing problem and finally I found it.I think it's a bug or at least something that doesn't work as expected.In the category add/edit page --> right column --> category view options --> sub-category order.Well, if this option is set to alphabetical order, the category titles second language is not translated... this is crazy!!!I'd appreciate if someone else could try this to confirm the problem as I wasted many hours and a part of sanity :(I'm using J! 1.5.18, K2 v2.2 and joomfish 2.04Thank you

More
13 years 3 months ago #84899 by JOSE COLEM
Hi

i got the same problem like u; maybe u know how to solve????

Thank u