Keyword

Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?

• Graham Anderson
  • Graham Anderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84982 by Graham Anderson
Hi.Is there a way to connect a flickr image collection to an individual K2 article?
If not, is there some kind of reasonable workaround?

Many Thanks as I am extremely new to K2 and Joomla
Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84983 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?
Do you have a plugin you are using for Flickr with Joomla Articles?
If so try adding the plugin code into the K2 Item Content
You can use the sig pro galleries by adding
{gallery}fruit{/gallery} into the content of a category or an item

More
14 years 3 months ago #84984 by JOOBLOGs.COM
I can do this like same method of JOOgallery. Just update another template that allow use Flickr API .
jooblogs.com

• Graham Anderson
  • Graham Anderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #84985 by Graham Anderson
Replied by Graham Anderson on topic Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?
Thanks for the replies.
I'll find a working flickr plugin and insert it into the K2 Article. Considering its a commercial plugin, it would be great if sig pro supported flickr like the AllVideos plugin supports external video services.

G

More
13 years 5 days ago #84986 by Justin Thomas
Replied by Justin Thomas on topic Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?
Did you ever find a workaround?  I would love to just be able to insert the flickr set link into a field and have the gallery called into a <div> so I can position it correctly.  This would also stop me having to use "read more" as a method to stop galleries displaying on the category page.

Does anybody know a solution?

Graham Anderson said:

Thanks for the replies. I'll find a working flickr plugin and insert it into the K2 Article. Considering its a commercial plugin, it would be great if sig pro supported flickr like the AllVideos plugin supports external video services.

G

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 5 days ago #84987 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?
Hi Justin Thomas,

You can integrate Flickr now easily into K2 items using SIG Pro. All you need is just include the

{gallery}www.flickr.com/photos/joomlaworks/sets/72157626907305094/{/gallery} and you're set to go. Further customization and documentation can be read here.

Justin Thomas said:

Did you ever find a workaround?  I would love to just be able to insert the flickr set link into a field and have the gallery called into a <div> so I can position it correctly.  This would also stop me having to use "read more" as a method to stop galleries displaying on the category page.

Graham Anderson said:

Thanks for the replies. I'll find a working flickr plugin and insert it into the K2 Article. Considering its a commercial plugin, it would be great if sig pro supported flickr like the AllVideos plugin supports external video services.
G

K2 Rocks \m/

More
13 years 5 days ago #84988 by Justin Thomas
Replied by Justin Thomas on topic Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?
Thanks Kannan.  Unfortunately I might not have made myself clear.  I would like to be able to insert a flickr set using the same code block as if I was to upload a zip file.  The {gallery} call places it inside the main text and, therefore, doesn't allow me to style the <div> in a position I would like it.  Also, if the {gallery} call is in a short article the WHOLE gallery will appear in the category view, hence my desire to use an additional field/the image gallery tab.

I have SIG Pro, so I know this doesn't work as I have tried all the above (in both a text field and a text area (with and without editor)).

Kannan Naidu said:

Hi Justin Thomas,

You can integrate Flickr now easily into K2 items using SIG Pro. All you need is just include the

{gallery}www.flickr.com/photos/joomlaworks/sets/72157626907305094/{/gallery} and you're set to go. Further customization and documentation can be read here.

Justin Thomas said:

Graham Anderson said:

Thanks for the replies. I'll find a working flickr plugin and insert it into the K2 Article. Considering its a commercial plugin, it would be great if sig pro supported flickr like the AllVideos plugin supports external video services. G

More
13 years 4 days ago #84989 by JoomlaWorks
We're putting this in v2.5 of K2 today or tomorrow... We really forgot to integrate this Simple Image Gallery Pro feature in K2! Thanks for the reminder!

(thanks Kannan for the additional help ;) )

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 4 days ago #84990 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Possible to add Flickr collection to each K2 article?
That's nice to hear that more features coming to K2 :D

@Fotis NP, more than happy to help out here :)

K2 Rocks \m/

More
13 years 4 days ago #84991 by Justin Thomas
Good news.  Shall check for the update and I will be happy :)