Keyword

Category description with intro text only & when viewd view full text?

• Willemijn Lindeboom
  • Willemijn Lindeboom's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #85061 by Willemijn Lindeboom
Hi,would this be possible?I can explain what I need to do. Am building a holiday rentals website and have category 'apartments' then I have the house where the apartments are as another category and the items are the single apartments.I need to do this because all apartments have an availability calendar as module and this will show only once per item. Therefore I am hoping to create he website with the house where apartments are as category, however it should not show full text because it needs to be a simple listing.Hope somebody can help?!Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #85062 by Mister Andreas
Yeah, it is possible to hide the fulltext. Just add a readmore in the items where you want it to end....if this is what you are asking about? It will automatically hide the rest of the text and make a read more link.

• Willemijn Lindeboom
More
14 years 3 months ago #85063 by Willemijn Lindeboom
This works in 'items' but in the category description there is no 'read more' link to be added. Or am I overlooking something?

Mister Andreas said:Yeah, it is possible to hide the fulltext. Just add a readmore in the items where you want it to end....if this is what you are asking about? It will automatically hide the rest of the text and make a read more link.

• Willemijn Lindeboom
More
14 years 2 months ago #85064 by Willemijn Lindeboom
Have also been looking at adding extra fields and make these text areas. However in here the module displays also only once per item ... so it does not help.

Guess the only solution is getting the module to display as often as I want in an item/article ... so will work on that!

More
13 years 7 months ago #85065 by Markus Thiel
When adding a read more in the item it hides the fulltext.. so far all good... but if there is no read more (a shorter item) there will still be an read more link in the category view...

any way to only show the read more if there really is more to show?