Keyword

Inherit Parameter options not work

• michael neese
  • michael neese's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85119 by michael neese
Inherit Parameter options not work was created by michael neese
When creating a new category, i have completed the "parameters" as listed on the right column from top to bottom, then I save the category and close it....Then when I open the category to verify my settings, they are properly saved and displayed in the settings for "parameters" in the right hand column...Then, upon creating a new category, I select the "inherit parameter options from category" and select the above mentioned category as the basis for the parameters...then I save the new category and close it...However, when I re-open the newest category, everything is properly saved except the parameters shown on the right do not reflect the parameters as expected...they do not reflect the parameters that were "inherited"...Why is this...is it not working correctly, or is it simply not displaying in the parameters on the right...If this is simply a matter of display, then what if I wish to alter the second parameters...what happens then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85120 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Inherit Parameter options not work
They never show in the child category that inherets.. they just work
I think you can further customize the child categories by changing one param and it will then inheret but the one you changed will be like you changed it. (not tested)

• michael neese
  • michael neese's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85121 by michael neese
Replied by michael neese on topic Inherit Parameter options not work
Then I'm good to go...thank you

William White said:They never show in the child category that inherets.. they just work I think you can further customize the child categories by changing one param and it will then inheret but the one you changed will be like you changed it. (not tested)