Keyword

[SOLVED] Gallery Images Upload but do not Display

• Case Noland
  • Case Noland's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85146 by Case Noland
I'm a bit confused. We've been adding new categories/items into our K2 catalog for a couple months now. Each time we use the gallery uploader to add a .zip file and display images in the gallery section of the item view.For the last couple days all new .zip file upload DO successfully copy the images into the appropriate folder "/media/k2/galleries/###/image1-2-3-etc.jpgHowever the system does not seem to be properly calling the images anymore.If I inspect the source of a current working gallery (one created a couple weeks ago) I see:<ul id="sig0ee23bc9a4" class="sig-container"> **Followed by <li> tags of each image with links**<li class="sig-clr"> </li></ul>In the new ones I just see:
<ul id="sig6dafdf9484" class="sig-container"><li class="sig-clr"> </li></ul>
In other words it does not seem to be inserting the {gallery}###{/gallery} tags.Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85147 by william white
Replied by william white on topic [SOLVED] Gallery Images Upload but do not Display
Gremlins!
What else have you changed or added in the past couple of weeks?
What happens if you try to change the gallery in an existing, working, item?

• Case Noland
More
14 years 2 months ago #85148 by Case Noland
Replied by Case Noland on topic [SOLVED] Gallery Images Upload but do not Display
Indeed!
Trying to look back at what has changed over the past couple weeks... not a whole lot as far as our K2 setup, but I'll noodle on other changes.

Odd thing is that deleting a previous gallery and then re-upping seems to work just fine.
I'll have to try deleting an old one and upping one of the new ones - in case some sort of unknown maximum gallery ceiling exists.

William White said:Gremlins! What else have you changed or added in the past couple of weeks?
What happens if you try to change the gallery in an existing, working, item?

• Case Noland
More
14 years 2 months ago #85149 by Case Noland
Replied by Case Noland on topic [SOLVED] Gallery Images Upload but do not Display
Anyone experience a similar problem? The 'Image Gallery' heading appears once I've added images - and they DO get uploaded to the server - but don't show up.

• Case Noland
More
14 years 2 months ago #85150 by Case Noland
SOLVED - Simple problem with my cache directory being unwritable. I had been changing permissions for security reasons and am used to getting errors if setup incorrectly.

The trick is that once the page has been loaded at least once with the cache folder writable it can THEN be made unwritable without issue (which is best for security on a live site.)

Cheers,
Case