Keyword

Bug in extra fields with the WYSIWYG editor

• cr-hosting
  • cr-hosting's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85315 by cr-hosting
hello,One of the new features in K2.3 is that you can add text in the " text area " of an extra field with a WYSIWYG editor. I am having an issue trying to justify the the text for a text area in K2.3. In firebug when I click the Justify button an error shows up.here is a copy:uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIDOMNSHTMLDocument.execCommand]"  nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame :: MYDOMAIN.com/new/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/nicEdit.js :: anonymous :: line 38"  data: no]Line 0Im running a freshly installed Joomla website with a Gavick coporate 2 Template.I also have:JCE Version: 1.5.7.4Joomla 1.5.18Database Version: 5.0.67-log Database Collation: utf8_general_ci PHP Version: 5.2.6 Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 Web Server to PHP interface: apache Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.18 Stable [ wojmamni ama wojnaiki ] 27-May-2010 18:00 GMT User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6Does anyone have a solution to this? This feautre is absolutely necesary for me !thanks!erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cr-hosting
More
14 years 2 months ago #85316 by cr-hosting
Replied by cr-hosting on topic Bug in extra fields with the WYSIWYG editor
bump

More
14 years 2 months ago #85317 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Bug in extra fields with the WYSIWYG editor
Is this what you want?

• cr-hosting
More
14 years 2 months ago #85318 by cr-hosting
hey will

yeah i want it to work as a normal editor would left, right, rigth, center, block etc.. . I get weird errors on firebug when I try to use the editor.

have you seen those?

thanks!

William White said:Is this what you want?

• cr-hosting
More
14 years 2 months ago #85319 by cr-hosting
Guys after alot of work from Will he told me that this Editor is very Flaky. Its true i can only justify text in asecond line not the first one.

Can someone either post a fix or let us know how to use the JCE editor in the text area instead of the built in one?

thanks

erik