Keyword

Removing unwanted Fields from front-end editor

• miquel
  • miquel's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85353 by miquel
Hi i just show this disccusion community.getk2.org/forum/topics/removing-unwanted-fields-from but no boy answer there, can you please tell me how to do that please.When users add a new Item they get a lot of fields they need to fill,
that might confuse the average user, such as the "featured" field,
"published or not" field, baiscally all the fields on the right panel
besides the category field I suppose.

Is there a way to remove them?thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85354 by vtiger
It's about hacking (carefully, with tons of conditions) into administrator\components\com_k2\views\item\tmpl\default.php
I have done many tweaks in that file and trust me, it's a big pain... (but it is possible ;)

ln

More
13 years 9 months ago #85355 by Paul
I know its basic, but i have stripped down the user options and for the moment deleted the 2 featured graphics template/images/k2/system/featuredItem.png + featuredItem_withShadow.png so even if user sekects featured they will not know what it means lol, simple for the minute

More
13 years 7 months ago #85356 by mat
Hi in answer to the original question posted by miquel , I currently have K2 running on my PC with a joomla 1.5 test setup using XAMPP because I wanted to make sure I could remove anything I don't wan't front end users to see before installing on my site www.iownet.co.uk.

I wanted to remove the 'Is it Featured' tick box, as this is not something I want front end users to have control over.

The original post by Lukas gave me a clue what to look for, but for front end users the file you need to edit is not in admin folder, it is in Components folder.

Go to> components/com_k2/views/item/template/form.php

Edit with eXtplorer if you have it installed (if not download form.php to your local pc/mac and use editor with line numbers cause it makes this easier to follow, then upload and overwrite original file when finished editing).

Scroll down to line number 293 to find the following

<td><label for="featured"><?php echo JText::_('Is it featured?'); ?></label></td>         <td><<input type="checkbox" name="featured" id="featured" <?php echo $this->row->featured?'checked="checked"':''; ?> value="1" /></td>

and change it to this

<td><label for="featured"><?php //echo JText::_('Is it featured?'); ?></label></td>         <td><!--<input type="checkbox" name="featured" id="featured" <?php //echo $this->row->featured?'checked="checked"':''; ?> value="1" />--></td>

Basically I've just commented out the PHP and HTML code for the 'Is is Featured' name & tickbox so it now doesn't show up in the front end users article or should I say 'Item' editor.