Keyword

Custom K2 template not used when additional categories added

• Richard Marks
  • Richard Marks's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #85566 by Richard Marks
How wonderful of you Olivier! I'm sure everyone will appreciate this, I know I will. I'm going to download it now. Thanks!

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Richard,
I've updated the plugin to load all the css files if there are many categories.

Can find it here : www.jiliko.net/en/component/k2/item/8/8

Olivier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #85567 by Jeff Whitmore
I'm still experiencing this issue. Using the latest version of the plugin from www.jiliko.net/extensions/downloads/free/8-css4k2

If my menu link just goes to one K2 category then my custom CSS works as expected, but if the menu link goes to two or more K2 categories, then it uses the default CSS.

More
13 years 9 months ago #85568 by Jiliko.net
Hi Aaron,

To load the custom css files when you 're in a multi-category view, you have to set the 'Allow multi css' plugin parameter to yes.

You can check that in the plugin parameter documentation here.

Olivier

Aaron Wilson said:I'm still experiencing this issue. Using the latest version of the plugin from www.jiliko.net/extensions/downloads/free/8-css4k2
If my menu link just goes to one K2 category then my custom CSS works as expected, but if the menu link goes to two or more K2 categories, then it uses the default CSS.

More
13 years 9 months ago #85569 by Jeff Whitmore
Sweet! That was it. Thanks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85570 by Casper Voogt
I don't understand this either. I am unable to display my category using my custom template ... the options are simply greyed out.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85571 by Jiliko.net
Hi Casper,

I'm not sure of what you mean...

Options are greyed out in the item menu while you don't have selected at least 2 categories to display.

To use a custom template for a category, you just have to select the template to use for it and create the dedicated css file in the right place : 

/templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/YOURK2CUSTOMTEMPLATE/yourk2customtemplate_style.css

You can check plugin parameters documentation here :

www.jiliko.net/extensions/documentations/item/20-css4k2-parameters

Olivier
Casper Voogt said:

I don't understand this either. I am unable to display my category using my custom template ... the options are simply greyed out.

More
13 years 8 months ago #85572 by troponin
I think he will change the Change template Options in the Menu Options...

try to set the settings in the K2 Category View in Backend.

Casper Voogt said:

More
13 years 8 months ago #85573 by Casper Voogt
OK, I figured it out on my own; when creating your category menu item for a category that has already been linked from a menu item, select more than one category. If you only have one category, create a new, empty one and select it along with the category you really want to select. Then the options will no longer be grayed out. 

Why should we have to select more than one category when creating a category view menu item? That is very confusing. Glad it works though.

Olivier Nolbert said:

Hi Casper,

I'm not sure of what you mean...

Options are greyed out in the item menu while you don't have selected at least 2 categories to display.

To use a custom template for a category, you just have to select the template to use for it and create the dedicated css file in the right place : 

/templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/YOURK2CUSTOMTEMPLATE/yourk2customtemplate_style.css

You can check plugin parameters documentation here :

www.jiliko.net/extensions/documentations/item/20-css4k2-para...

Olivier Casper Voogt said: