Keyword

-1 - An error has occurred. When trying to upgrade from 2.2

• Paulette Nelsen
  • Paulette Nelsen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85577 by Paulette Nelsen
I've upgraded one of my sites to 2.3 with no problem, but the second site gives me the above listed error, followed by 'It was not possible to copy the selected file'. Any ideas? I've tried a couple of times with the same result so I'm not sure what to dig into.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paulette Nelsen
More
14 years 2 months ago #85578 by Paulette Nelsen
I've also tried this morning to do the same thing from a different computer in a different facility thinking that maybe it was my network connection. Same error. Can someone please help? I can't find anything in the forum on this issue.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85579 by cr-hosting
hello paullette

i had a very similar issue. I ended up reinstalling the whole template and the site.

Regards!

Erik

• Paulette Nelsen
More
14 years 2 months ago #85580 by Paulette Nelsen
Thanks for responding, Erik. reinstalling the site is not an option. This has me concerned, as I've been installing K2 on all my sites. If it's going to cause errors such as the above, it's definitely a serious issue. I'm sure if I uninstall K2 2.2, I will lose all my items and categories - right? I've also modified the k2.css file.

Erik Prestinary said:hello paullette
i had a very similar issue. I ended up reinstalling the whole template and the site.

Regards!

Erik

• Paulette Nelsen
More
14 years 2 months ago #85581 by Paulette Nelsen
Okay, so I have it working. What I did was ran a backup using Akeeba, deleted the whole site including the database, then created a new database (empty) and restored the site. It works fine - would like to know what the heck happened to this site to warrant this. In any case, it's working now - hope this helps someone in the future!

More
14 years 2 months ago #85582 by william white
There was probably a permission problem, and the install routine did not necessary permission to overrite a file somewhere.If you have this problem again, try opening the entire site up to 777 for a short time and do the install, then put it back to 755 or whatever your using.