Keyword

PLease help me with the settings- Loosing patience

• Divya GS
  • Divya GS's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85692 by Divya GS
I installed K2 and activated the modules , added categories, subcategories and articles : helpcell.org/ (it looks distorted)
I am trying to create a corporate brochure site like ancoris in this video : community.getk2.org/video/part-1-a-quick-overview-of

Here are my main problem areas, Please tell me how to fix it

1- There are folders that are displayed : I would like to get rid of them and link it to the Main menu items.

2- I would like to display one item per page ... is that the blog view?

3- I tried to test an item and it displays like blog, I would like this to display like in the ancoris site ie like a brochure site. 
helpcell.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=46:test&Itemid=53

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85693 by william white
Replied by william white on topic PLease help me with the settings- Loosing patience
To change the folders either go to category and add an image to the category or
Go to category paramaters /category view options set image to hide

To display one item per page, create a new menu item and set it to k2/item type and select one item

Set the item view paramaters for the category or the item to change the way the item view displays

• Divya GS
More
14 years 2 months ago #85694 by Divya GS
Thank you for replying, I am still not able to achieve what I am looking for :

To change the folders either go to category and add an image to the category or Go to category paramaters /category view options set image to hide.
Ans : I went into categories and under parameters : set all images to hide / no image. I still see a box in the "about us (2)" I want the Menu items and content top work like in the www.ancoris.com/ site

To display one item per page, create a new menu item and set it to k2/item type and select one item.
Ans : I can't find : K2/item type as a parameter....:-(

Set the item view paramaters for the category or the item to change the way the item view displays
I don't understand this....

• Divya GS
More
14 years 2 months ago #85695 by Divya GS
PS : helpcell.org/

Divya GS said:Thank you for replying, I am still not able to achieve what I am looking for :

To change the folders either go to category and add an image to the category or Go to category paramaters /category view options set image to hide.
Ans : I went into categories and under parameters : set all images to hide / no image. I still see a box in the "about us (2)" I want the Menu items and content top work like in the www.ancoris.com/ site

To display one item per page, create a new menu item and set it to k2/item type and select one item.
Ans : I can't find : K2/item type as a parameter....:-(

I don't understand this....

More
14 years 2 months ago #85696 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic PLease help me with the settings- Loosing patience
The folders are being displayed as they are contained within the About Us category.

As William has said, check in the parameters but for the About us category.
Does the About Us category inherit from another category? if so, you would need to do the same for the parent category.

For Williams explanation on creating a menu item, that is correct, i think you look in the wrong place.
Go to Menu Manager and select the menu you wish to create the menu links.
Create a new menu link and select K2 then K2 Item view. Give the menu link a name and select which K2 item it will link to, save and you are done.

Setting the item view parameters, found with in the menu link you are creating, can only be modified for new categories and not existing one, just so you know.

Simon

K2 Support