Add Items as Public Frontend

• Markus Thiel
  • Markus Thiel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85783 by Markus Thiel
Add Items as Public Frontend was created by Markus Thiel
Hi,
I wonder if there is a way for my visitors to add Items that I later on can approve?

This:
<span class="catItemAddLink">
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:650}}" href="<?php echo $this->addLink; ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('Add a new item in this category'); ?>
</a>
</span>

Will only let logged in users submit Items..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markus Thiel
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85784 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic Add Items as Public Frontend
No one?

More
14 years 2 months ago #85785 by Justin Herrin
Replied by Justin Herrin on topic Add Items as Public Frontend
I know there are a few ways for Registered Users to submit unpublished items that you then approve. Do you really want public visitors submitting content without forcing them to login first? Security concerns?

• Markus Thiel
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85786 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic Add Items as Public Frontend
Yes I´m sure ;)

I´m making a site that is based on user created content.. and I want it to be as easy as possible for them to submit :)

Justin Herrin said:I know there are a few ways for Registered Users to submit unpublished items that you then approve. Do you really want public visitors submitting content without forcing them to login first? Security concerns?

More
14 years 2 months ago #85787 by Justin Herrin
Replied by Justin Herrin on topic Add Items as Public Frontend
As far as I know the Joomla Core (and K2) do not allow guests/unregistered users to submit content. Did you try searching the JED for a component to do this? Perhaps there is a component to allow guests to submit content to a Joomla Core section/category. Then you can review & approve the content items by performing the K2 Import feature.

Another option is to create a public user account and a module that says "Click here to submit content to our site" and once that link is clicked the guest actually gets logged in as the public user without them knowing. Then they can submit content freely as a logged in user, all without them having to type in a username/password.