Keyword

Images issues

• Ron Farber
  • Ron Farber's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85790 by Ron Farber
Images issues was created by Ron Farber
I am having all kinds of issues with layouts, and I do understand templates in K2, CSS, and all of that. I want to be able to have Tag results in a certain style using a certain template. Is that possible, not unless I used generic.php which I dont want to do (as that means I am limited to that one layout) as I want to have different layouts for different things.
I also can not get image sizes to show in all my category listing pages as small, which is what I want to do. Guess what? Tags, search results, and many other pages automatically use large size from DEFAULT configuration sizes and not category in my case. Not sure why.

All my category listings blatantly ignore sizes in the options but that does not happen if I choose a most popular listing (which can't have pagination which also is not really great, because if it did it would do the trick) ... if I choose small, the only way to do it is to choose secondary listings because that is what the default GLOBAL size is for those. So I can do Large in main, medium in primary, and small in secondary with no other options because changing them all to small for example does nothing.

Can anyone help make this easier? I really want the tags results to have the same layout as let's say my news template I created. But there is no way to make a menu item link to a tab listing with template selection. (Im guessing that would solve this problem as Joomla looks for menu item rules to display items that arent assigned to a layout like tags). 

If there was a way to show tags in a layout on a menu item with a customizable template...which would be presented whenever someone clicked on a tag... I sure would be happy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.